Respected Contributor

I found a mass in my left breast and I am going tomorrow for a diagnostic mammogram and possible ultrasound.

Feeling pretty scared.  I am in my 60's, and my doctor feels it is "suspicious."  Bouncing around between fear and trying to not think about it!  So many women have to go through this.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

I know it's a scary time, but try to calm yourself and stay positive.

I've been through this several times.

saying a little prayer for you now.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

I also have been thru this a few times, praying for a positive outcome!!

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 

Just went through this, and don't mean to sound flip .... but please don't waste your time and energy by worrying in advance of anything serious actually happening.   

Wait until a diagnosis is made.  So many times, it's nothing .....  or just something to keep an eye on in the future.  

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 

Sending you hugs and prayers of strength to deal with this health situation.   Take care of yourself by staying focused with positive thoughts and determination.   

If God leads you to it, He will lead you thru it!  

Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 Saying a prayer for you & hoping all goes well.

Respected Contributor

Wishing you all the best, but as others have said, it's not uncommon and may be something benign and easy to treat.

I agree to try not to worry until something is definitive. And keep in mind that new strides in medicine are happening every day.

Respected Contributor

I have been thru that twice, most recently a month ago...and also an MRI.  Turned out okay/normal.  It is scary but have courage and be strong.  More than likely it's nothing.  Praying for you, praying for good results.

Valued Contributor

Wishing you good luck and sending a prayer.