Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Propofol and Fentynyl, only out for a very short time. 

I had that medication too, I was out and then awake and felt great. To me it's like the sleep of the dead, hopefully.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't know why they used the term full anesthesia but it is incorrect.  Perhaps they wanted to make it clear that the patient will be asleep during the procedure.  It's actually conscious sedation, not general anesthesia.   

@chrystaltree 

Did I miss where the OP said the name of the Anesthesia? I mentioned Propofol in 1 of my posts, and every time I have had it, an Anesthesiologist administered it. Yes, it was general anesthesia, for my most recent Colonoscopy and my last 2 Endoscopies.

As I asked @lovesrecess in my last post, "am I missing something here"?

hckynut(john)

@hckynut 

She didn't name the drug but propofol is often used for conscious sedation for colonoscopies and other medical procedures and tests where the patient only needs to be "out" for short period of time.   

Trusted Contributor

yes had 2..  i get another one end of this yr.. i was asleep for it too piece of cake for me...

Honored Contributor

I had my first one with partial sedation, second one with full sedation. 

During the first one, the doctor and staff were discussing a restaurant I'd always wanted to try. I, of course, did not participate in the conversation. 

Whatever was used in the second procedure must have been pretty mild, because I got up as soon as I woke up, and resumed my day's activities when I got home.

Hope your DH's procedure is peaceful and innocuous.