Honored Contributor

Versed.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone know if C-PAP users must bring their machine along to keep their airway open?

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess, he would be given an appointment a few days before the procedure and they will give him all the information then,

I had one a few months ago and my sedation was administered by an Anesthesiologist. I remember having a conversation with him before I left the room to go for the procedure, then I woke up and I was back in my room. I asked the Dr what happened and did they pospone it. They started laughing and told me it was over.

Most people dont like the prep but I did not have a problem with it. I used Crystal light (clear) and I asked the Pharmacist about how many I could use. He said as many as I wanted. I tried two, but didn´t like the taste so I tried another two and it was perfect.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG, years ago I knew someone who used a C PAP and she was told to take it with her, something about using it for the sedation. Don´t remember exactly.

Honored Contributor

This might be the more involved one.  I had one in my primary care's office and was awake maybe 10 years ago.  The last one I had I was completely out and had no problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

Just had my colonoscopy last month, and was out for 20-30 minutes with Propofol in my IV.   I was discharged within 30 minutes after the procedure, after my doctor talked to me.   

This was colonoscopy #4 for me in 10 years, and the procedure has gotten easier each time.   Can’t understand the fear, and why people avoid this test.   

They avoid it due to the dreaded prep, the test itself is nothing!!!

That, and it has to deal with the colon and rectum, and things being inserted in to it, and going up it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld 

He did not do the procdure he use the med to " enhanse"his being 

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Propofol and Fentynyl, only out for a very short time. 

Yes, this was what I had...out like a light....woke up and it was over...the Michael Jackson Special👍

Just out of curiosity why would anyone like Michael Jackson want to do this? I have had it twice and it works for a medical procedure but cannot see any plus side to it otherwise. Anybody know? Thanks

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Same here.  It was wonderful!

Respected Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

MJ claimed to have terrible insomnia.

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Yes, this was what I had...out like a light....woke up and it was over...the Michael Jackson Special👍

Just out of curiosity why would anyone like Michael Jackson want to do this? I have had it twice and it works for a medical procedure but cannot see any plus side to it otherwise. Anybody know? Thanks

He was addicted to uppers and downers.  He took so many uppers that he couldn't sleep and the Propofol put him out when he couldn't sleep. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Colonoscopy sedation

[ Edited ]

I was given Versad (sp?) when I had mine done a few months ago.  I remember starting to wake up as soon as they were finished with the procedure.  By the time they wheeled me back to the recovery area, I was wide awake.     

When I had an endoscopy done a few years back, I was given Propofol.  That is the most peaceful and restful feeling.  It's hard to explain unless you experience it.  I was wheeled into the procedure room, they gave me the drug in my IV and then I woke up in recovery.  But when I woke up, I just felt super rested, calm and peaceful.  I didn't have that feeling with Versed.