Frequent Contributor

Re: Brain Tumor - Astrocytoma

bkgirl,

I came back to see if your son had his surgery. Hoping you have some good news.

Contributor

On 4/8/2015 lovestoteach said:

This is scary and as long as I'm talking medicine, I can keep fairly calm (weird yes?) I am sure that if this was my son or daughter, I wouldn't be capable of thinking straight. So, so very sorry for your news.

I guess the polio trial shown on 60 minutes was being used for gliocytoma tumors. However, the site for the genetically changed polio virus to bind onto tumor cells are present in ALL TUMOR CELLS. There are so many unknowns with this still experimental type of treatment. Sometimes the researchers are farther along than they let it be known publicly.

I will pray for you to have some sort of peace thru this... and I will also pray that your family and son will find a possible treatment ... he is so young.

The modified polio vaccine can be used on all solid tumors, not all tumors. The vaccine pierces the "shell' protecting the cancer cell from being attacked by the immune system. Once this "shell' is compromised, the immune system can go to work. Pretty amazing, right. BKgirl, My heart goes out to you, your son and the family. Its such a difficult time with so many really tough decisions to make. Stay hopeful, keep looking for the very best care protocol you can find. Miracles happen every day. A fellow cancer warrior.... Oh almost forgot...go to inspire.com. this is a discussion board devoted to every kind of cancer for cancer survivors, caregivers, family, concerned friends. Just type in his type of cancer and you'll find patients dealing with it. Its a wonderful resource.
Frequent Contributor

My son had his surgery Tuesday (the 14th). It was the hardest day of all of our lives. A lot of tissue samples were taken for study rather than the tumor itself because of its location. Now we wait - again - for biopsy results. He's so miserable...... it breaks my heart. Please continue to pray....it gives us strength. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Honored Contributor

WE WILL BE POSTING AN ANONYMOUS REQUEST FOR PRAYERS IN OUR INTENTIONS BOOK TONIGHT AT CHURCH.

We will be requesting prayers for ""A"" and for all those in treatment for any type of brain cancers.

Be sure that he knows that there is a huge circle of prayer surrounding him. I also ask for the presence of the Angels and Saints in times of trial for those who need them. I'm sure they'll be there with him too.

Trusted Contributor

Prayers going up to God for your son and family as well as to St. Peregrine, the patron saint of cancers. Hopefully those biopsies will give your son's doctors a better line of attack to address the tumor. Stay strong.

Honored Contributor

Prayers for your son. My heart is hurting, knowing what it is like to have a very ill son. Keep the faith. Hugs ((((( )))))
Regular Contributor

Prayers for your family.....

Super Contributor

bkgirl--

Continuing prayers and positive thoughts for Adam and your entire family.

Frequent Contributor

I hope your son gets positive results from the biopsies. Sending positive thoughts your way! Thank you for the update.

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry about your son and pray that his surgery will be successful. I understand how scared all of you are. I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma last year and that was scary enough. I'm sending prayers to you, your son and family.