Honored Contributor

Re: Brain Tumor - Astrocytoma

I feel so sad that your family has to suffer this but I am sure that your son has made the best choices for his treatment and will have a good outcome.I will pray for his health to return to normal and that this will one day soon be just a memory.
Honored Contributor

bkgirl, I am saddened to read that your son is ill. I will prayer for you all, and know that others care. I can only imagine the sadness in your heart, hugs.
Frequent Contributor

bkgirl,

I am so sorry you and your family is going through this. Hopefully, the new spots don't represent any new growth and that your son can go forward with his surgery next week.

Hugs and prayers!

Frequent Contributor

Bk girl. I am so sorry about this news.... I am praying for your son and family. Bless you.
Super Contributor

I came back here hoping for some sort of good news from bkgirl, and am JUST DEVASTATED to read the latest news from her. My heart is just breaking and I do not know what to say. He is far, far too young for this.

I live in an "active retirement community" and I hear of SO MUCH cancer here. I do have to tell you that I have known people given very little time to live who went to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and are still alive five years later. I bring this up because others have also in this thread. I am sure your son will do what is best, being in the medical field himself.

I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Take things a day at a time. BIG Hugs!! to you, bkgirl!!!

In Sunny AZ
Honored Contributor

This is scary and as long as I'm talking medicine, I can keep fairly calm (weird yes?) I am sure that if this was my son or daughter, I wouldn't be capable of thinking straight. So, so very sorry for your news.

I guess the polio trial shown on 60 minutes was being used for gliocytoma tumors. However, the site for the genetically changed polio virus to bind onto tumor cells are present in ALL TUMOR CELLS. There are so many unknowns with this still experimental type of treatment. Sometimes the researchers are farther along than they let it be known publicly.

I will pray for you to have some sort of peace thru this... and I will also pray that your family and son will find a possible treatment ... he is so young.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

My brother was diagnosed with astrocytoma twenty years ago. We were devastated. I remember crying like a baby on the phone with him. He had to calm ME down. In my brother's case we had a miracle. The doctor misdiagnosed the tests. I wanted to wring that guy's neck but I was so grateful that my brother was OK. Reading your post, I went back in my mind to those weeks of anguish. I can only imagine your feelings right now. Know that many of us are praying for your son in churches, synagogues, and homes around America. May God bless you and your son.
Esteemed Contributor

I am so, so extremely sorry. You are all in my prayers.

Regular Contributor

So sorry you and your family are going through this. Sending you positive thoughts and energy.
Trusted Contributor

Just want you to know that prayers are continuing for your son and your family.