Honored Contributor

Aging - Changes That Concern You

As you have aged (60 and up) what changes have you noticed that concern you?  Not small but noticeable physical changes i.e. balance and stability issues, overall weakness, fear of falling.  I just turned 66 and I am going through feeling unstable on my feet.  I am afraid of going up and down stairs.  I just feel so unsure of myself.  

Contributor

Re: Aging - Changes That Concern You

After I retired I noticed my walking hip issues I immediately started the wii board walking to get my balance corrected what was it carrying a heavy bag,I now use  since retirement a small handbag cash coins lipgloss now my small hand wash and my cards I need and insurance cards I don't need my life in a bag. When I travel I use a tote for my iPad and water easy. I also found I had stairs to go up and down in my apartment which helped and then I noticed a lot has to do with your shoes. Found for me fit flops during the summer and same for fall winter for good arch support. Then diet I have pretty much switched to eating completely healthy and organic and origin of food nothing China. My favorite fall and winter months where I can make my homemade soups with wow nutrients. Hope this helps you, just also know genetics play apart as we get older. 

Valued Contributor

@whateverisspecial wrote:

After I retired I noticed my walking hip issues I immediately started the wii board walking to get my balance corrected what was it carrying a heavy bag,I now use  since retirement a small handbag cash coins lipgloss now my small hand wash and my cards I need and insurance cards I don't need my life in a bag. When I travel I use a tote for my iPad and water easy. I also found I had stairs to go up and down in my apartment which helped and then I noticed a lot has to do with your shoes. Found for me fit flops during the summer and same for fall winter for good arch support. Then diet I have pretty much switched to eating completely healthy and organic and origin of food nothing China. My favorite fall and winter months where I can make my homemade soups with wow nutrients. Hope this helps you, just also know genetics play apart as we get older. 

I LOVE my fitflops too...have several pairs...so comfy and supportive! Heart

Honored Contributor

Fewer men flirt with me..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

People don't ask DH if I'm his daughter anymore ( we are three yrs. apart) it seems as though my aging speeded up and his slowed down ! 😳

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My hair is no longer beautiful, it is getting thin and I seem to be losing it.

Everything aches.  i take naps. Names and spelling are on the tip of my tongue and it takes awhile to remember them

Respected Contributor

Arthritis I hate it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Fewer men flirt with me..............

😂 and that is a blessing!  LM

Respected Contributor

It takes longer to lose weight and easier to put on weight. I have the typical issues of slightly elevated blood pressure and cholesterol so on medication to control. I am 68.  I walk 8000 to 1200 steps a day. 

I have back discomfort with the discs shrinking in the lower back. A Chiropractic adjustment helps. I don't do well unless rested and seven to eight hours sleep.  I feel more relaxed when I retired at 66.

I can't lift heavy objects very well any more.  I can lift 20 to 25 pounds. I used to fill my water softener alone. I don't have the hand strength I used to have also. I am more aware of a lack of balance at times.

Honored Contributor

My eyesight. I have never needed to wear glasses, other than readers. I'm 65 and I'm starting to squint to see long distance things. My night vision is not as good either. Last time I had my eyes checked, last year, doc said I have also some mild cataracts but nothing to worry about right now. All in all my vision is good but I can tell my vision is going bad the older I get. I can still legally drive w/o glasses so that's okay by me. Smiley Happy