Honored Contributor

Re: Aging - Changes That Concern You

I pretty much don't feel any different than I did when I was 40.  I still read without glasses and have great balance.  I have bed knees, but they were bad in my 40's, as well.

My hearing is better than excellent.  I take no meds and never get sick. I feel great. my hair is salt and pepper, but very oily as it has always been.  My skin is not dry...no wrinkles, but I have noticed some sagging of the chin.

Just today, I trimmed my shrubbery and climbed an 8 ft ladder to trim a Nelly Stevens holly. Then, I loaded the trimmings onto a garden trailer to be hauled away.  I procrastinated all summer and had to do it today before the cold weather sets in.

It does take me longer to climb the stairs. I can no longer run upstairs to get something. This might be due to my knees as opposed to my age.  

So far, I am fortunate and thankful for my health.  My DH is in great shape too, but he

wears hearing aids now (thank goodness.  I was getting tired of repeating and yelling)

We are still young, 66 and 67. Hopefully, we will have a lot of time to develop age related issues.

We try to stay active...use it or lose it.

Honored Contributor

I honestly don't notice much different as I age.  I turned 65 this year.

I still do all my own house cleaning, mop floor on hands and knees.  I painted the master bedroom and bathroom earlier this year.  The house is two stories, no issues going up stairs....a zillion times a day.

I work outside, do all that needs to be done except mowing, dh does that.

I did have a cold earlier this month, but other than I am rarely sick.  I take Boniva for thinning bones, but my last dexascan was great so the meds are working as well as staying active helps.

I am thankful for good health, I know that everyone is not as lucky as I am.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcaddition thank so much for your words of wisdom and sharing some of yours and your sons successes.  That means a lot to me.  It is wonderful to know that you are continuing to accomplish your goals.  I was struggling about reaching certain goals at this point in my life and you have cleared that for me.  I've enjoyed reading your post and will never forget what you have told me.  (I am writing notes.)  At the age of 4, me and my Mom used to exercise with Mr. Jack LaLanne every morning. I remember getting my chair.  lol   I have been hooked ever since.  Please continue to be an inspiration because you have help me more than you may possibly know!  Thank you. heart:Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Msfitness 

I did JL also.  Thank you for your kind comments.  

Super Contributor

@qvcaddition You're welcome!  I had a feeling you did JL too.  Woman Happy