WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: scalp tonic pump *again*

@CamilleP And...........in the long run, the cap will be cheaper overall, because you don't have to get it on auto-delivery! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Quite right,  @World Traveler 

My scalp is already calming down after just a couple of days of not using the tonic, I hope the red light does keep my hair growing!  I hate bailing out on a WEN product, but if I'm allergic to it, then I am, and I just have to move on.  As long as I can keep getting TT, Fig, 613/319, BSI and a couple of the seasonals, I can keep using the CC and SC, and I'll be okay.  I sure miss my SHP, I'd love to stock up on the new Winter Berry products, but I can't use them, so I just have to be happy I can use some WEN, even I can't use it all.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't do well with those essential oils on my scalp for any more than a few hours.

There's a therapeutic effect as long as I limit my contact. Go too long and the therapeutic gain is replaced by itchy irritation and redness.

It's a paradox.

I successfully used the WEN Tea Tree products to get completely rid of a chronic itching scalp that had plagued me for decades. 

But if I have a long enough contact with the tea tree essential oil, it actually causes itchy scalp.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a very sensitive scalp & can use the Tonic overnight with no issues.

I apply it well before bed & let it dry...No scent issue & no itching..

Glad as it works wonders...

*use a dropper then no pump issues it works nicely

Respected Contributor

Well, as an update, I quit using the tonic for a couple of weeks and relied on the light cap alone, and I saw a slowing of growth and density, so I started using the tonic again.  So far I'm not suffering any allergic itching, touch wood, and my hair growth is starting up again.  I am happy I did not cancel the auto-delivery, I will keep using this tonic for the rest of my life, it improves my hair quality quite noticeably.  It's either that or shave my head and wear wigs................um, no.  Goodness knows, life may hold such a future neccessity for me down the road, my maternal Grandmother had to wear wigs due to hair loss alone, and I know none of us are immune to the big C, so the day may come when I am forced to wear wigs, but until then, I will be counting on Chaz and WEN to keep my hair full, lustrous and growing.