WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: scalp tonic pump *again*

@ANewHue wrote:
So @quadmimi how many droppers do you use on each quadrant, just wondering

@ANewHue 

Well I am not exactly sure, maybe 2 droppers to soak the wedge good...I can use the dropper directly on my scalp once I get back into my hairline a bit..I am just really working the hairline til I feel I have it covered well as this is my really thinner area..

*I also make sure I do my face washing/lotions first, so I don't wash off any of my tonic around my hairline..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife The dropper makes it all so much easier and more focused as to where you put the product.

I saw super-duper results when it first came out and I used it religiously every night. Thought it was doing awesome. Then many weeks after using it, I was seeing the opposite result.....areas where I could see more of my scalp. THAT was the only thing I was doing differently from my regular routine for years before it.

So I stopped using it for a while. Then thought I would give it another try because so many were having great results. But it wasn't long before I started to again see changes. Now I just don't go anywhere near it is.

Not sure if it is just a coincidence of using it during perhaps something else happening in my life; that was why I gave it another go around. Perhaps this summer I will give it one last try. I wasn't really having a problem with my scalp thinning when using the Tea Tree oil, so it's not like I don't have options. It was just another new product from Chaz and I wanted to try it.

Could be something in the product that is having an adverse affect on me. I know I can't handle his rice products because they thoroughly dry out my hair. The Bella Spirit line also doesn't work as well on me, except for the lip products and the Indigo. So, I just think there is some little ingredient that causes me to be less than enthused when using it.

I'm open to giving it one least try sometime down the road, but not right now while I am getting my scalp back where it was.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

Oh, wow...sorry to hear that.  I think Tea Trea oil has great results, too.  I try a lot of Chaz's products because I'm such a huge fan of his line, but not all products are super-stars for every head of hair.  There are a couple of products that I've tried & eventually threw away because they weren't for me.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife I’ve read the reviews but I’m curious to hear your comments with the ongoing use of the night time
Moisturizer. I kind of forgot all about but would love to hear from you before I purchase.
Honored Contributor

@ANewHue 

Oh my gosh the moisturizer is so superior to any other night cream I've used.  It is thick & rich but doesn't feel heavy or greasy when applied.  When I wake up in the morning, I feel like I've worn a hydration mask all night long.  My skin looks supple & has a brightness to it like I got 12 hours of sleep.  I just stare at my skin in the mirror and think, "man, this is too good to be true!" I'm so sold on this moisturizer that this is one product that will always stay on A-D for me.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife thanks so much for your input. I kind of forgot about the moisturizer until I was browsing through products the other night. I’m going to wait until Chaz is back to order!
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler  You do not know how happy I am to read your post, I really thought it was just me. I seriously think I might not do well with TT oil or something,  My scalp get tight and if I take my finger nail to it I can get it to flake... grrr I have NEVER in my life had a scalp that would flake, don't get me wrong it's not flaking all over but if I get the brush good on my scalp I can see the dryness, I stopped the tonic for 2 weeks, all was back to normal.

Started it again and it started to flake so it's for sure the tonic causing the issue. Also, I swear my sides look thinner since using it and my hair was doing better it seemed.

I am back to using the Peter Lamas scalp treatment at night, it does better for my hair it seems.

Respected Contributor

I got a new bottle just last week, and took the new pump that came with it to finish off my old bottle, throwing away the older, bad pump.  The new one worked well, at first, but now, after only a few days, it is now sticking badly.  I am done, when I use up the current bottle of TT oil I am going to start pouring the tonic into it and use the dropper to put the tonic on my scalp.  I really like the tonic pump spray, WHEN IT WORKS!  It just doesn't work worth beans more than a few days.  Chaz needs to specify a stronger spring in that pump. it's so frustrating to deal with it is probably costing him sales.

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP I liked using the dropper when I was using that product. Used to knowing how much to put in the dropper when using the oil, so it was fine with the tonic too. And it didn't spray into areas I didn't want it to, like my eyes. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @World Traveler 

I am not sure how much longer I will be using the tonic, it is starting to make my scalp itchy, which is probably due to the lavender in it.  I splurged and ordered the laser light cap when it was a TSV earlier this year, and am using it three times a week as advised, and so is DH.  We've been using it about a month, and I am seeing new growth on his scalp, which I know are due to the cap, since he does not use any WEN products.  I think I will pause the tonic and just use the cap for a month so I can see if it keeps my new hair sprouting.  If it does, I'll quit using the tonic, and just go to to the once a week light cap after six months, which is the maintenance level.  Once a week for 15 minutes is way less commitment than nightly tonic spray.  I know the tonic was helping right at first, but if it is causing an allergic reaction, odds are it will stop stimulating hair growth.