WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - 613, BGT & MIF gallons - purchase them now

[ Edited ]

The 613, Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) and Mandarin Italian FIg (MIF) gallons will only be available through October 31st (unless specific formulas sell out first). 

If you are thinking of purchasing either a BGT or MIF gallon, now is the time to make your purchasing decision.

That said, if you are new to Wen, I would recommend that you DON'T purchase a gallon (more information below).

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values - Wen Quick Links Wen News - periscope - QVC WEN forum - October Chat 2015 -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -QVC Wen Schedule for October: 10/16 - 10/20 -The Insider - get advance order #s for select TSVs by joining InsideQ magazine 

___

Based on yesterday's sales totals, both the BGT and MIF gallons are limited. Since the hosts haven't shared how many gallons of each of the formulas were brought in, there's no way to know exactly how limited they are. 

Yesterday (10/8), during the midnight Beauty show (at 12:33am ET), the host mentioned that over 20,000 total gallons had been sold since the beginning of the month. She also said that BGT and MIF are limited (on an earlier periscope video, Chaz had mentioned that they brought in equal quantities of BGT & MIF): 

* BGT -- 3,000 gallons left

* MIF -- 2,500 gallons left

During last night's QVC Customer Choice Awards Show (at 9:50pm ET), the host mentioned that  26,000 total gallons had been sold this fall. -- I'll be putting together a Gallons Running Tally in the next few days.

Chaz will be back at QVC within the week (10/16-10/20). As soon as one of the hosts shares the number of BGT & MIF gallons left, those two gallon options could be gone in a matter of hours (or less). I've seen this happen before. Once people know the quantities are that limited, there is frequently a quick run on those formulas. -- So I'd recommend that you make your purchasing decisions by October 15th (or sooner), because later may be too late. 

___

New Wenners, you may want to pass on the gallons for now

There's always a lot of buzz and excitement around the Wen gallons, but Wen gallons are not always the best Wen value for everyone so a lot of Wenners don't purchase the gallons. 

Why long time Wenners DO purchase a Wen gallon: 

* they've fallen in love with one particular formula (or a few formulas), and that's all they are interested in purchasing.

* the convenience of a single Wen gallon container.

* the formula they love doesn't generally have a TSV or some type of other special pricing which is more cost effective than purchasing a gallon.

Why Wenners DON'T purchase a Wen gallon: 

* they're new to Wen and are still trying to figure out which formula(s) are best for their hair. -- A Wen gallon is an expensive investment. If it turns out that the formula you've chosen doesn't work that well for you hair, then you've got six months to a year's worth of product on your hands that you're going to be unhappy about. -- Wen is great, but it has a learning curve. It takes time to figure out what are the best formulas for your hair. In the end, most Wenners wind up trying a variety of the Wen formulas in order to figure out what works best for their hair. 

* they like a number of the Wen formulas and don't want to be tied down to a gallon of one formula. ---- For me, MIF is hands down the best formula for my hair. But since I love all the Seasonals, I only use MIF for my first cleanse. I use the Seasonal of the Moment for my second cleanse. And I use 613 CC (amino acid complex on steroids) as part of my leave in. 

* if you like to use a variety of the CCs, frequently the TSVs and some of the Special Offers give you a better "ounce per ounce" value than the gallons. ---- Some of the recent values that were better for me:

1) Spring 2015 TSV which had four products in it including 32oz BGT or MIF CC, and 16oz 613 CC (price $70) -- an equivalent amount of a BGT/MIF gallon would cost around $70 and of a 613 gallon would be around $74. -- So, not only was the TSV a better value for me, but I also got a BGT/MIF and a 613 styling product in the TSV.

2) December TSVs 2009-2014, which had (5) 16oz CCs for $80 for the past few years. -- Last December there was a Classics option (SAM, TT, FIG, POM & BGT) as well as a Seasonals option (FGP, WVM, SMC, SOB, & SHP). -- Each 16oz CC cost out at $16, which would make a gallon of the TSV cost $128. -- NOTE: Chaz has mentioned that there will be some sort of similar TSV configuration for the upcoming December 5th TSV, but I don't know any more than that.

* There are a number of regularly available sets of 16oz Wen CCs in the QVC product listing. Some of these sets include 613, BGT, Pomegranate (POM), Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), and Lavender (LAV). -- For these kits, the per 16oz CC cost runs between $20-23.

___

Additional information from an earlier thread...

In regard to the Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) and Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) gallons, Chaz also said "don't miss out because they're going to go so fast" (info from one of Chazs periscope videos on 8/15). It seems like people should purchase their BGT and MIF gallons early because he expects them to sell out quickly. 

Courtesy of Brdwygurl in from one of Chaz's periscope videos from September 19th, there's more information in her Periscope on your mark- don't wait on MIF and BGT Gallons thread.

It sounds as though he thinks that not enough of these gallons have been ordered. Maybe a conservative order was placed because there was not enough purchase history to place a larger order. -- click on the 613, BGT & MIF available Sept 19th link for more info on why you should make your BGT & MIF gallon purchases as soon as you know that this is what you want.

Chaz had previously mentioned that the MIF & BGT gallons would be available through the end of October, or until they run out.

Bottom line: order your BGT and MIF gallons soon. Now is the time to plan out your BGT/MIF purchasing decisions.

He didn't make the same caution with regard to the 613 gallons, so I think you can expect them to remain available. That said, it's always a good idea to make your purchasing decisions sooner rather than later. -- click on the 613, BGT & MIF available Sept 19th link for more info.

______

__

last update: 10/9/15 

__

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - 613, BGT & MIF gallons - purchase them now

@bebe777  thanks for always having a "plethora" of information!  I have a gallon of SOB and the TSV oil 4 piece in TT coming in November.  I will pass on the gallons this time around (I also have 1/2  gallon BGT left).

I will however be in on this December's 5 16 oz. CC (in seasonals).  I use a lot of the CC 2-3 times a week, but somehow my stash continues to stay at a constant level, LOL!    Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the update @bebe777, I did two of the MIF TSVs on AD and still have two shipments remaining. I am debating on getting the gallon or just sticking with my TSV. I also have a TT gallon coming in Dec......decisions, decisions. 

#IAmTeamWen
Honored Contributor

@nikki48  you're most welcome and thank you for the thanks.  Smiley Happy 

Asyou know from my firstst in this thread, the MIF is my go to CC for my first cleanse.   But  since I also use 613 CC as part of my leave in,  The March TSV is a much better value for me. So I'm passing on an MIF  gallon and, instead, ordering more of the final March TSV shipment. To be on the safe side, I initially placed an order for five MIF TSVs. As it gets closer to shipment time, I may lower the total amount but I decided to initially place a maximum quantity order to make sure that I have as many TSVs  as I need.

nikki,  my suggestion would be that if you use either the 613  CC  or one of the other two styling products on a regular basis, then the March  TSV is the better value.  On the other hand, if the MIF  CC  is the only thing that you're using regularly from the March TSV, then purchasing the MIF  TSV may be a better value.  -- Also,  if you do decide to go with the March TSV,  then you can always increase the total quantity of each TSV  order to a maximum of five TSV kits.

Best of luck!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy