WEN

Valued Contributor

Hair A Little Dry...Need Suggestions

Hi all.  I need your suggestions.  I cleansed my hair this morning after an oil treatment last night, and it is feeling and looking a little dry.  What are your suggestions for getting some moisture back?  Should I do another oil treatment tonight and cleanse again tomorrow with a more moisturizing CC?  Should I cleanse tonight and do a remoist treatment?  Should I just spritz with RTM?  I wasn't planning on cleansing again until Friday but I will cleanse tomorrow if I need to.  Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair A Little Dry...Need Suggestions

Do you know what might be making it dry? That makes a difference.

If it's dry because you've been using too much protein, then I would NOT do a Remoist treatment, because that also has some protein. Instead I would pick up a tub of Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque (Check Walgreens, CVS, or Ulta stores for this) and use that once a week. I would stop using 613, Remoist, and seasonals and switch to the Fig cleansing conditioner. Once everything was back to normal, I'd add the seasonals, 613, and Remoist in.

If it's dry for any other reasons, I would do a Remoist treatment and switch to the Fig cleansing conditioner or a moisturising seasonal (I like Winter White Cranberry and Winter White Citrus for my dry hair) and wash with 613 a few times a month.

Oils are great for the scalp and new hair growth. Once the existing hair is already dry, I find a deep treatment does more for my hair than the oils.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Chynna!  I'm not sure why my hair is dry - it's uncharacteristic.  I did get my hair colored over the weekend, but I did an overnight Remoist right after the color like I always do.  Maybe  I will use the Fig CC like you suggested for a while until it gets back to normal. And I will try another Remoist to see if that helps.

Honored Contributor

Fig does wonders for my dry hair and it's the one WEN product I won't be without. 613 also does amazing things for my hair as long as I'm not getting too much protein. I like to use 613 before and after I color my hair and again the week after. Hair can usually use an extra boost of protein before and after coloring.

Valued Contributor

Depending on what you washed with, it could be that. Have you tried any new CC? I can't use BGT, it dries my ends out. I would use RTM and perhaps some GS on my ends to see if that helps. If your hair can take it, a few drops of oil might help too. Good luck! 

**Suz**
Valued Contributor

@Suz585 - I didn't use anything new, which is why it is so puzzling.  I used some RTM this morning to restyle, and it's a little better.  Tomorrow I will cleanse with Fig and see if that helps.

Honored Contributor

@Arianny you might try doubling down on the Styling Creme (CS) -- especially since we all have so much of it from the various TSVs Smiley Happy -- because that should help seal the moisture in.

I have (not a lot of) baby fine hair that is a few inches below my shoulders. On periscope, Chaz had suggested the people use more SC especially to help keep moisture in. 

During his recent QVC stint, between shows he had his hair done. His hair isn't that long and he used 3 pumps of SC because he wanted his hair to be wavy (when he wants it to be straight, he only uses 2 pumps of SC). 

So for the past month I've been using 2 pumps of SC as part of my leave in after I cleanse my hair and it's made my hair a bit more manageable without weighing it down. lol, one of these days I'll brave 3 pumps of SC as part of my leave in. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thanks @bebe777, I will try that too!

Super Contributor

my hair is pretty long now..below the bra line.  I get highlights and lowlights every 3-4 months.  I have to be careful with how I manage my hair to avoid dryness.  I also blow dry every time I wash.  I try to go every other day or every three days if possible before I wash.  I use the oil treatments overnight before most washes.  I also use the oil on my ends after blow drying to them in good shape.  I try to remoist once  a week.  I suggest fig cleansing conditioner.  There's something about fig that leaves the hair moist and silky to the touch.  I find that the fig rtm works better than the others too.  It really detangles, moisturizes and provides the silkinesss factor.  I also try not to use really hot water in the shower.  I also use the comb in the shower to detange and never brush wet hair.  I actually never brush, just use the comb.  I also never towel dry.  I wring out the water in the shower and allow my hair to air dry for 30 minutes or so before I blow dry.  I think manipulating your hair too much with brushes and rubbing towels on the hair damages it.  I also feel that the summer cc's are more moisturizing..SHP and SMC..  hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Before cleansing, I apply a hair conditioning oil (I use a brand called Auromere) to the length of my hair and let sit for 30 minutes or longer.

If you need a lighter oil, grape seed oil is a good and inexpensive choice.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️