WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - gallons - 613, BGT & MIF available Sept 19th

[ Edited ]

In one of Chaz's periscope videos from yesterday, he confirmed that the 613, Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) and Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) gallons would all be available for his mid September visit which is on September 19th.

In regard to the BGT and MIF gallons, Chaz also said "don't miss out because they're going to go so fast". It seems like people should purchase their BGT and MIF gallons early because he expects them to sell out quickly. 

It sounds as though he thinks that not enough of these gallons have been ordered. Maybe a conservative order was placed because there was not enough purchase history to place a larger order.

This made me think of the BGT gallons initial launch in June 2014. Not enough BGT gallons had been ordered and they initially went to "waitlist only" in less than two days on June 2nd (they were supposed to be available for the month of June). -- Chaz wound up bringing all of the BGT gallons which were for use in his salon to QVC. Even then, BGT gallons were completely gone by June 10th (when the BGT gallons item numbers were removed from the QVC system). The June 2014 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered thread (message #6) provides a day by day account of all the confusion that resulted from shortage of BGT gallons.

Because of their size, it takes a lot of lead time to manufacture Wen gallons. So once they sell out, there just isn't enough time to make more of them.

Chaz had previously mentioned that the MIF & BGT gallons would be available through the end of October, or until they run out.

Bottom line: order your BGT and MIF gallons on September 19th. Now is the time to plan out those purchasing decisions.

He didn't make the same caution with regard to the 613 gallons, so I think you can expect them to remain available. That said, it's always a good idea to make your purchasing decisions sooner rather than later.

Last fall, Chaz announced that the 613 gallons would be available from the middle of September though the end of October. -- In the middle of November, Chaz decided to make the 613 gallons available again until the end of November. -- This year it sounds as though the 613 gallons will also be available through the end of October, or until they run out. 

___

Below I have included my best guesses for pricing on the upcoming 613, BGT & MIF gallons. I don't work for either QVC or Wen, so these are just my observations...

For this past June Gallons Month, both the Classic and Kids gallons were priced at $177 which was same as the June 2014 pricing (i.e. no cost increase). -- The new Seasonal gallons were priced at $188. 

Since the Restorative line (BGT & MIF) is most similar to the Seasonals, I would expect that the BGT & MIF gallons would each be priced at $188 as well. 

For the past two fall seasons, the 613 gallons have been priced at $199. I think that pirce will hold for this upcoming seaon. 

These days, there is a standard $3 S&H charge for all Wen products, kits, and gallons. -- When you choose a Wen gallons auto delivery plan, generally there is free S&H for the follow up shipment.

___

Wen September Schedule -- I've just looked through the online edition of the Insider. In September, Wen shows are only scheduled for September 5th (which will be for the Wen TSV) and September 19th (which should be to launch the gallons).  

Wen Shows on September 5th (all times are ET) ---- midnight-2am -- 3-4am -- 7-8am -- 2-4pm -- 7-9pm -- 10pm-midnight ---- Wen segments in shows: 8-10am (AM Style) -- 10am-2pm (Saturday Morning Q) -- and probably on Sept 4th in Friday Night Beauty (11pm-midnight) 

Wen Shows on September 19th (all times are ET) ---- 1-3am -- 3-5pm -- 9-11pm --- there are likely to be Wen segments in beauty shows as well -- and probably on Sept 18th in Friday Night Beauty (11pm-midnight) 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Wen Quick Links Wen FAQ Wen 101 -- Wen News - Wen Calendar - new & upcoming Wen products - September Chat 2015 - QVC WEN forum -- Wen Sept 5th TSV -- 613, BGT & MIF gallons available Sept 19th -- 2015 QVC Customer Choice Beauty Awards Nominees  ~ Vote For Your Favorite WEN Products ~ -Wen Abbreviations Glossary --- periscope -Chat with TEAM WEN on September 5th!! 

___

Valued Contributor

Re: Wen - gallons - 613, BGT & MIF available Sept 19th

Thank you Bebe! Awesome info, as usual. Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 613 (of course) and BGT covered gallonwise.

Do not get between me and a MIF gallon!  I'm going for another crown!

Someday there will be a SHP gallon and @HappeDaze and I will be rolling in with a semi.  Not sure where she lives, but maybe we can meet 1/2 way!

~~~

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who bought the March 2015 TSV on A-D, there is still one shipment left, so you should be able to increase the quantity on that last shipment. We don't know what the BGT/MIF gallons will cost, but for the purposes of cost analysis, I made a guess that it would the same as the seasonal gallons [thanks ladies for the suggestion].

[I made a small error before on the SC calculation--it has now been corrected.]

Based on my calculations, all the products in the March TSV were an excellent value. If you use a good quantity of any of the other products in the March TSV besides the BGT/MIF CC, then it may be just as good a deal to increase the quantity on your last A-D shipment as it is to buy the gallon (and buy any of the other products separately). Just food for thought. Here's the math, in case you're interested. Once again, I used the Chaz Dean site Black Friday sale prices for comparison--however, the BF sale is not guarateed to happen again this year.

(includes 8.25% tax and $3 shipping for QVC regular (per piece) and TSV (per set) prices--Chaz Dean BF Sale prices would not include tax or shipping if purchase was $100+)

QVC Regular / oz Mar 2015 TSV / oz  CD BF Sale / oz 
CC 32oz$1.89$1.04$1.80
CC 128oz$1.62 $1.60
613 CC 16oz (QVC 613 & BGT set /2)$2.53$1.00$2.25
SC (QVC 2pc set /2)$4.48$2.33$4.00
RTM 6oz (QVC 2pc set x .75)$5.00$2.63$5.33

(includes 8.25% tax and $3 shipping for QVC regular (per piece) and TSV (per set) prices--Chaz Dean BF Sale prices would not include tax or shipping if purchase was $100+)

QVC Regular  % of package cost  Mar 2015 TSV cost  CD BF Sale 
CC 32oz$57.9042.02%$33.18$57.60
613 CC 16oz$27.8720.23%$15.97$36.00
SC (QVC 2pc set /2)$24.4317.73%$14.00$24.00
RTM 6oz (QVC 2pc set x .75)$27.5920.02%$15.81$32.00
Total$137.80100.00%$78.96$149.60

Note: QVC Regular price calculation was done to determine the percentage of the total cost each piece makes up in order to estimate per piece cost for the TSV. The actual cost of the March 2015 TSV at regular QVC prices would be higher because of the per piece shipping charges, plus the RTM is only available in a 2pc set with 6oz & 2oz bottles, and the 613 16oz is only available in a 2pc set with a 16oz of BGT/MIF.

QVC Regular 
CC 32oz$60.34
613 CC 16oz (QVC 2pc set)$30.31
SC (QVC 2pc set)$50.49
RTM 6oz (QVC 2pc set)$38.95
Total$180.08
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

aprimo wrote:

For those who bought the March 2015 TSV on A-D, there is still one shipment left, so you should be able to increase the quantity on that last shipment. We don't know what the BGT/MIF gallons will cost, but for the purposes of cost analysis, I made a guess that it would only be a couple of dollars more than the core gallons.

~~~ 

aprilmo,

The March TSV was a Winner!  I purchased it in MIF and TT, it's one reason I'm fully stocked in the core CCs now.

Remember to use Mr. Rebates.

Thanks Chaz!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I'm allergic to the MIF (I'm allergic to core FIG, too, but thought I might be able to sneak by with the MIF), so I cancelled my future MIF TSV shipment, so there is at least one more available ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'm allergic to the MIF (I'm allergic to core FIG, too, but thought I might be able to sneak by with the MIF), so I cancelled my future MIF TSV shipment, so there is at least one more available ;o)

I cancelled my MIF before the second shipment because I didn't like the scent. But I also had the BGT on A-D and I decided to keep that one. I have plenty of BGT now, since I don't use it all the time. But it was such a good deal, I thought I'd keep it. Apparently I'm like my PawPaw and can't pass up a good deal. Hey, at least I don't buy dog food 'cause it was such a great deal, when I don't have a dog! Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

This is great news! I will definitely be getting one of each gallon if they are on A/D. If they are not on A/D then I will have to decide if I am the person who buys four gallons at the time. Woman LOL I have fear of scarcity with these products!!

Honored Contributor

@aprimo thank you so very much for your wenderful, very professional, and easy to read charts!!! They are so helpful!!! 

Soooooo, I was wendering if I could ask you to add two additional columns to them. Smiley Wink

Even though the TSV is a crazy good value, it's real value is for the products that you would ordinarily purchase. 

A lot of Wenners will be purchasing it because of the TSV savings for the 32oz CC and the 4oz Treatment Oil. The RTM and SC are nice bonuses, but a number of people can't use the RTM in their hair and so the wind up using it for the aromatherapy value. And as for the SC, lol, well it seems that most of us are swimming in SC. -- So having a colunm that provides an ounce for ounce cost comparison, which only takes the CC and Oil discounted percentages into account, would be really helpful. -- Adding an additional chart that that provides a cost per ounce comparion between the TSV Oil portion, the Home & Away 6oz OIls kit, and the regular 4oz Oils (since some of the Home & Away Oils kits are sold out)  would also be helpful.

I'm purchasing the TSV because I use the CCs. For $15 more I'll get to finally try the Treatment Oils. I don't need any more SC and I only use the aromatherapy RTMs occasionally so, since I really only need the CC, it's not an incredible vaiue for me. -- 

So I'd really appreciate it if you could create a second colunm which assumes you are just purchasing the TSV for the 32oz CC and gives a per ounce breakdown based on paying $64.96 for a 32oz. CC (my calculations come to $2.03 per ounce). -- It may sound a bit odd but, since the CC is the only product I know I'll be using for certain, it would be useful to see on a chart just how much more this indulgence is costing me. 

That said, I know that these charts take time for you to put together, so if I'm asking too much then I'm simply asking too much... I try to me very careful about not looking gift horses in the mouth (like wendooters and yourself)... 

In any case, thank you so very much for the wenderful charts that you've put together!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@aprimo thank you so very much for your wenderful, very professional, and easy to read charts!!! They are so helpful!!! 

Soooooo, I was wendering if I could ask you to add two additional columns to them. Smiley Wink

Even though the TSV is a crazy good value, it's real value is for the products that you would ordinarily purchase. 

A lot of Wenners will be purchasing it because of the TSV savings for the 32oz CC and the 4oz Treatment Oil. The RTM and SC are nice bonuses, but a number of people can't use the RTM in their hair and so the wind up using it for the aromatherapy value. And as for the SC, lol, well it seems that most of us are swimming in SC. -- So having a colunm that provides an ounce for ounce cost comparison, which only takes the CC and Oil discounted percentages into account, would be really helpful. -- Adding an additional chart that that provides a cost per ounce comparion between the TSV Oil portion, the Home & Away 6oz OIls kit, and the regular 4oz Oils (since some of the Home & Away Oils kits are sold out)  would also be helpful.

I'm purchasing the TSV because I use the CCs. For $15 more I'll get to finally try the Treatment Oils. I don't need any more SC and I only use the aromatherapy RTMs occasionally so, since I really only need the CC, it's not an incredible vaiue for me. -- 

So I'd really appreciate it if you could create a second colunm which assumes you are just purchasing the TSV for the 32oz CC and gives a per ounce breakdown based on paying $64.96 for a 32oz. CC (my calculations come to $2.03 per ounce). -- It may sound a bit odd but, since the CC is the only product I know I'll be using for certain, it would be useful to see on a chart just how much more this indulgence is costing me. 

That said, I know that these charts take time for you to put together, so if I'm asking too much then I'm simply asking too much... I try to me very careful about not looking gift horses in the mouth (like wendooters and yourself)... 

In any case, thank you so very much for the wenderful charts that you've put together!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

I'll take a look at it after dinner tonight Bebe. I think I get what you're asking, you're basically looking for an opportunity cost analysis. I should be able to put something together for you. (Didn't that make me sound smart? Woman Wink )