Honored Contributor

Re: Disney World

[ Edited ]

@crazered.    A three month old baby is not ready for Disney World.  He is way too young to be around a crowd of people with all the germs in the air.  He should be at home or sitting with you outside.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@crazered wrote:

He can ride several rides. If there are no height restrictions. Already checked with Disney. Pirates Haunted Manion many more. Guess we will have to decide. They are so looking forward to going.  We will see 

what is a baby going to get out of riding the haunted mansion or the pirates,  

There is plenty of time to go to Disney with their kid,  

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry but, I do not see a reasoning for taking a 3 month old to DW.  For what purpose????

Am I missing something here?  This 3 month old will be the only child in a group of adults.  Right?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Disney World

[ Edited ]

@crazered wrote:

We are planning a trip to Disney in June. Son ,DIL and three month old grandson.

Husband and myself. Not sure this is a good idea. What are your thoughts?

Has anyone ever taken a child this young? Suggestions please

@crazered

Since you asked, no this is not a good idea taking a 3 month old to DW.  It is usually hot and crowded.  No place for an infant.

Seriously, you are considering taking an infant on rides?????

Respected Contributor

@crazered wrote:

My aughter in law is a teacher and she can only go summer,spring break or Christmas.

Its not like she hasn.t been before. WE want to go but my gut feeling is to wait a while He can ride rides with no height restriction. WE need to decide soon trip must be paid off in May.

Thank you for all the info.

@crazered  -  This is your money, but as you know Disney is EXPENSIVE!  Since we go a lot, the combination of a baby, the Florida heat and humidity, knowing he won't remember anything, and summer crowds would make me wait until he was about 4 or 5.  It's so much easier when they're older and you know you're actually getting your money's worth by them enjoying the experience. 

I don't know if you're staying at a Disney resort, but it can still take some time to get back to them if the baby needs an afternoon nap or adults want some downtime.  We stay at Monorail resorts and you can usually get back quickly to them, but if you have to take a bus, you can spend some time waiting for the next bus and traffic can really slow things down.  If you don't plan on leaving the park all day, you won't have to worry. 

The newly implemented security measures just began this week and I'm not sure how much shade will be available.  You'll have to wait with people for baggage and stroller search before you can board all monorails and/or trams and ferries at the TTC and monorail resorts.

I've commented earlier, but we love going in December.  The weather is SO much nicer that June.  Spring Break (anywhere from March through April) can have crazy crowd levels.  I would wait until he's older.  I think the adults would have a fun time, but your grandson could be really uncomfortable in the unrelenting heat and humidity.  We love going to Disney World, but I'd really rethink taking a 3 month old baby in June.

Super Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 I live in the area and was wondering about the new security measures...one of the reasons I refuse to go to the parks is because of the lack of instructions in case of an emergency...does the new security measures address this?

Respected Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 I live in the area and was wondering about the new security measures...one of the reasons I refuse to go to the parks is because of the lack of instructions in case of an emergency...does the new security measures address this?

@gracie2014  -  Disney seems to be moving the security checks, outside gates of Magic Kingdom, further out before getting onto transportation.  You'll get screened before boarding any resort monorail at the resorts.  You'll get screened at TTC before boarding any monorail, trams, or ferries. Some confusion about going through security twice to get to EPCOT, because of funneling of people getting off monorail.  Haven't heard about bag/stroller search before boarding buses though. 

Super Contributor

Thank you, I was wondering if the employees are searched everyday.

Trusted Contributor

Went to Disney World some years ago with some relatives, including their baby around same age and approx same time of year. It was supposed to be fun....the baby obviously wasnt having fun at all and of course didnt understand nor appreciate all the noise confusion and humidity, rides etc. To be honest I do not know who had a worse time, the baby or the adults. We (baby included) were not used to the heat and humidity, the crowds, noises, and the exhaustion (change of shedule, foods, confusion and the like). I forget the ride names but atthe time there were only a few the baby could ride on......and well the baby got very sick while on the ride(heat, sun, motion sickness I am not totally sure why it happened except probably all of the aforementioned)  and I remember the baby vomiting all over me, the ride, and a few not very happy passengers got some of it too. The poor baby cried most of the time and there was no real enjoyment had by anyone. And it was a very gentle ride too but I swear that kid turned green. Im no over-protective type, am pretty laid back and usually up for anything sounding fun then, no helicopter auntie but it wasnt one of my fondest vacation memories. (yikes LOL) and would not do it again. That being said maybe others have had a better experience with a young baby then we did but I would never do it again with anyone under same circumstances. Best of luck to you all and if you decide to go have fun and be prepared. PS the kid is now in school and has not one memory of this vacation but I think is a good thing under our circumstances!! xxxxxxxxxx Stormy

Valued Contributor

This trip isn't about making memories for the baby. It's about the adults, DS and DIL who apparently want to go.  We got some great pictures of my granddaughter, who has been now several times and will never remember any of it except for the pictures. But WE have the memories of being there with her.

It's definitely different with a small baby but not so much that I wouldn't go.  It really depends on why you go and what you want to get from your vacation.

I once took my 6 week old and two other toddler children to the beach in June. Rained the entire week. Three small children in a crowded hotel room for a whole week? Not the best memories.