Esteemed Contributor

TRAVELED TO THE MAILBOX TODAY

[ Edited ]

Lordy Lordy, heading to my mailbox,  there was a snake dead in the middle of the street.   so Iscreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemed and flew back to my house.  I stood there to see if it would move------and nothing.  So I walked slowly past and to the mailbox, got my mail, and as I moved closer to him , he stuck his head up and stuck out his tongue  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  

Talk about an exciting adventure!

Now I need to travel to the store, as I lost my flip flop somewhere along the way. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: TRAVELED TO THE MAILBOX TODAY

😂

Respected Contributor

I should not be laughing ...because I would have done the exact same thing!!  

Honored Contributor

Ugh! .... shivers!!  I would freak out! Smiley Happy

I'm glad I live in the northeast.  You just don't see critters like that here!.... Thank goodness!!

We have squirrels, deer, wild turkeys, toads, foxes, birds & geese and occasionally you'll hear about a brown bear but it's usually on the news.

Honored Contributor

I'm laughing too but

eeeeeeeeek!!!

Image result for freaked out face

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@BalletBabe 

oh my goodness....my Dad says the only good snake is a dead snake.  

i think this snake was getting some sunshine and enjoying the warm pavement.   ??

I try to help all  living things unless they are messing with me. 

Live and Let Live,   BE KIND

CAT

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe I do not like snakes.  A couple years ago I was trail running and jumped over what I thought was a bike tire tread....nope.  The snake was stretched out straight over half the trail width.  I turned around and tried to take a pic.....it rattled and I left it alone.  Heeby jeeby city.....wildlife!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@gacat123 wrote:

@BalletBabe 

oh my goodness....my Dad says the only good snake is a dead snake.  

i think this snake was getting some sunshine and enjoying the warm pavement.   ??

I try to help all  living things unless they are messing with me. 

Live and Let Live,   BE KIND

CAT

@gacat123  Snakes are very beneficial in keeping the rodent population under control so your dad is wrong.  It's silly to be afraid of a snake that is some distance from you.  Gives females a bad name. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

that would be the LAST time I ever got the mail LOL!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MickD wrote:

@BalletBabe I do not like snakes.  A couple years ago I was trail running and jumped over what I thought was a bike tire tread....nope.  The snake was stretched out straight over half the trail width.  I turned around and tried to take a pic.....it rattled and I left it alone.  Heeby jeeby city.....wildlife!

oooo! that sounds like the one I almost ran into once. We were looking at a house and there were some men in the yard next door. I was leaving and went to step over one of their cables across the yard-noooo and dbl yikes! It was a long thick black snake! I was so shocked I couldn't even scream and just looked at the men and pointed to it and then backed away really really slowly.I have never seen a snake that big or large, not even in a zoo! The house we were looking at had a pond in back.:ro We did not get that house.!

Shiver~~~~~~!!!!Robot surprised

Are we going to have nightmares tonight?!

@BalletBabe-I laugh everytime I hear or see "Lordy lordy. If i say it I start laughing.Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"