Esteemed Contributor

Re: TRAVELED TO THE MAILBOX TODAY

Many years ago our young daughter finally agreed to mow the lawn.  A few minutes later we saw her running back to the house-screaming-lawnmower was still running.  Yup-she ran over a snake!  Needless to say, to this day she has never mowed the lawn again-and she's 43!!!!!  Can't say that I blame her!!

Honored Contributor

I don't mind garden snakes at all.  I used to catch them when I was a little girl with my dad.

However, last summer I was in a lake swimming when a large snake ( about the size of a broom handle) swam inches from me.  I just happened to see it out of the corner of my eye.  I got out of the way and got back on the boat.

About  five minutes later, the couple on the boat next to us, were screaming as they exited.,, jumping off of boat.  The snake had climbed up and slithered right up to them.  

Two men had to get a tree branch and pick up the snake and throw him off of the boat and into the woods.  Those water snakes can be pretty big.

Esteemed Contributor

Well believe it or not about 3 years ago,  there was one in my dryer.   My hubby was still healthy at the time, I said Ron and he said yes, and I said there is a snake in the dryer.  He said your kidding, I said no I am not.   He says what do we do?(I was thinking,  I thought maybe you would know the answer to that.)  

I took a can of raid and sprayed in there and turn it on.  He stopped moving so Hubby opened the door and grabbed a stick, picked him up on that and as he turn it around it fell.  BUT  that brat was still alive,  I took a shovel and beat the ****** out of him.  ugh ugh ugh

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe Haha..that was a funny story.I can picture you flip flopping away at record speed ...sandals flying.I am afraid of snakes too and I am sure that I could have outrun you with my fractured foot if I was there.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@BalletBabe Haha..that was a funny story.I can picture you flip flopping away at record speed ...sandals flying.I am afraid of snakes too and I am sure that I could have outrun you with my fractured foot if I was there.

@dex  That would be great to have the company.   LOL  Glad they were cheap flips flops. 

Honored Contributor

In. The. Dryer??  Omg, @BalletBabe, now I'm scared.  How did that happen?  Through the dryer vent?  I'm already leery of the toilet bowl at night.  Now I have to worry about snakes in my dryer, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

In. The. Dryer??  Omg, @BalletBabe, now I'm scared.  How did that happen?  Through the dryer vent?  I'm already leery of the toilet bowl at night.  Now I have to worry about snakes in my dryer, lol.

@Mmsfoxxie   I am lol with this forum.   The reason he was  dryer is because we leave it open after I use it for a few hours

So now I leave a laundry basket up against the door. They will come in and love to get into warm clothes.  If you take your laundry out and leave basket sitting there, they will find it.  

I bring the clothes right in now.   I also leave my garage door open a lot , because that is where my parrot is.  She loves looking out side.  

Honored Contributor

Oh, ok.  But how did it get into the house?  Through the garage connecting to the house?  @BalletBabe, I would be scared to death I'd see one slithered around, lol.  You are brave.

A couple of years ago, the dryer vent fell from the wall in the laundry which is right next to the family room.  My husband saw a mouse scurry across the floor and he panicked more than I would have.  Best you believe that before the day was out, he got him, lol.  He fixed the vent and we've had no sightings since.

Well, we have to co-exist, I guess, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Image result for eek word images

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9. I am in NE, there are snakes, including copperhead and rattlesnakes . You just do not see them. Noxen PA big rattlesnake round up every year.