Super Contributor

My niece and I travel---mostly to NYC because that is my happy place, but we are going to see how we like a tour by bus experience.  We are going to be staying in Cape Cod for several nights.  This is the last week of Sept.  I have 2 questions if anyone could answer.  1---we like to venture out on our own---since the tour has a couple things we are not interested int---how easy is it in transportation for us to get about?  Uber, taxi, bus etc??    2---anyone know about the weather that time of year?  Of coarse we have researched Nat'l weather sites, but always nice to have personal input!  I am thinking layering---warm days and cool to cold night???  Thank you much!

Honored Contributor

@pietook wrote:

My niece and I travel---mostly to NYC because that is my happy place, but we are going to see how we like a tour by bus experience.  We are going to be staying in Cape Cod for several nights.  This is the last week of Sept.  I have 2 questions if anyone could answer.  1---we like to venture out on our own---since the tour has a couple things we are not interested int---how easy is it in transportation for us to get about?  Uber, taxi, bus etc??    2---anyone know about the weather that time of year?  Of coarse we have researched Nat'l weather sites, but always nice to have personal input!  I am thinking layering---warm days and cool to cold night???  Thank you much!

I live on "The Cape" year round @pietook and love it here. September is a great month to visit because once Labor Day ends, its less crowded and you'll be able to enjoy the sights better without the large crowds. 

Summer doesn't end until the 21st so the weather is still gorgeous but the nights can be a bit chilly so bring a jacket.

It really depends what town you're staying in concerning transportation. The Cape does have a bus service to get around and its inexpensive to use it. Taxis are expensive and I'm not sure about the Uber.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Super Contributor

Thank you JaneMarple!  We are staying in Orleans----in your opinion, is that easy access for us to adventure out from?  I am so excited to find someone who lives there!  Can't wait for the trip---there are several activities planned.  And by the way, I love your sign-off saying.  

Contributor

I dont live on the cape but visit often.  Will be going in less than 2 weeks.  Go to a restaurant called "Land Ho" in Orleans and see the locals there.Its kind of off the beaten path but well worth it to go. Its a fun place!  Get lobster or chowda if you like those!  "Captain Parkers" restaurant is another local favorite place to eat.  You must try the chowda if you can and you can even buy a mug to take home!

I see taxis around the cape.

Respected Contributor

One of my favorite trips many years ago was going to the Cape Cod area. While there we took a ferry to Martha's Vineyard and rented bicycles and road all around the island. It's much larger than I thought.  Reading these posts makes me want to go back.