Valued Contributor

We will be visiting Houston later this month. Any suggestions for fun family things to do? We will have 5 grandchildren, ages 2-13 with us. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Baylie

You already asked.  See your previous post & the suggestions mentioned....

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Family-fun-recommendations-for-Houston/m-p/3906507#M1113...

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

I highly recommend Galveston. I spent the day there last year doing site visits for work and fell in love with it. It's about an hour east of the city and has a ton of things to do for alll ages. The next time I'm in Houston I hope to add on a weekend there.

Valued Contributor

It will be hot and humid.  The zoo is great but go early.  The Galleria shopping mall has an ice skating rink which looks like fun.  I've never used it.  I just shop.  Galveston is about an hour away depending on traffic and the construction on the road.  Beach, boardwalk, amusement parks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Visiting Houston

[ Edited ]

@Baylie  I have an idea... since you keep posting this same thread, you apparently don't like our ideas.  There's not a lot to do in Houston, so why don't you call or email the Convention and Visitors Bureau with the Chamber of Commerce and get their professional opinion?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I have posted twice, once on Community Chat and again on Travel, when someone suggested that might be a better place for that question.

Honored Contributor

Re: Visiting Houston

[ Edited ]

@Baylie Hi! Although it has been years since I have been in Houston and can't be of any help to you on what to do there, I am quite sure that posting on the Travel Forum will be the best place to get the help you want. There are many posters on this forum, so give it a few days for more people to respond. They have always been very helpful when someone wants information like you do. 

And you are taking five grandchildren with you? Bless you! You are a stronger person than I am. Not sure I could handle that. Smiley Happy

I believe it was @gacat123 who referred you over to this place. She is one of our strongest supporters of the Travel Forum. We love her!!!

And please let us know what you end up doing and also post when you get back. Your experiences will help others who may be thinking of going to Houston. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Space Center Houston is fun and educational.  Also Houston Children's Museum.

Valued Contributor

There will be five grandchildren but, thankfully, the parents will be there too!!!!

Regular Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Baylie Hi! Although it has been years since I have been in Houston and can't be of any help to you on what to do there, I am quite sure that posting on the Travel Forum will be the best place to get the help you want. There are many posters on this forum, so give it a few days for more people to respond. They have always been very helpful when someone wants information like you do. 

And you are taking five grandchildren with you? Bless you! You are a stronger person than I am. Not sure I could handle that. Smiley Happy

I believe it was @gacat123 who referred you over to this place. She is one of our strongest supporters of the Travel Forum. We love her!!!

And please let us know what you end up doing and also post when you get back. Your experiences will help others who may be thinking of going to Houston. Smiley Happy

@World Traveler

Hi! I posted to @Baylie on her Community Chat thread and suggested she post in Travel instead. Smiley Happy

Hi again @Baylie! Glad you found the Travel board! Hope you have a great trip! Smiley Happy