Honored Contributor

Who with any common sense ....

would pay $125 for 12 bottles of wine they have never tasted ?

Respected Contributor

Re: Who with any common sense ....

Beats me.  I live in a wine producing area of Ohio, so I can just go the the grocery store and buy any of those good wines for $7-8.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

My friend and her husband are big wine drinkers and she said the same thing.  Trying out a bottle of a new wine is one thing but no one would buy that much wine, at that price for a wine they've never tasted.  Even the 3 bottle option is to much of a risk.

Honored Contributor

We are wine drinkers too , & we've bought cases of wines , but only ones we know we like. I wish they would have sold some by the bottle. I would have liked to have tasted the red.

Honored Contributor

Well....... I have to say.... I don't get the whole wine thing anyway. Don't drink it, don't like it. I cook with it sometimes but would never order it from TV. I live near St Michelle Winery and about 300 other small wine producers too. Can't drive in town during the summer for all the traffic those places bring. Good for the economy of the town tho.

Honored Contributor

the wine has a 100% money back guarantee. why not try it if you want to?

i took a chance on the set of 12 oleary wines and they were very good AND i have reordered them in the past when they are featured.

i may be trying this set of wines also......and yes, i do have "common sense."

at $10.41 a bottle it is not a bad deal at all.

another plus: product of the USA!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I assure you I have plenty of common sense, and I've purchased wine online before.  It's just like any other food or drink item -- you pay attention to the description, read the tasting notes online, know what your preference in palate is already, and give it a try.  It's not hard.

I very much enjoy wine, red wines only, and I am always interested in learning more and trying new ones.  I'm in a Napa wine club, and order different wines often this way.  I had the O'Leary red wines from QVC and some were good and some were just OK.  My normal everyday price range is about $25/bottle in wine stores, so trying this TSV case for a little over $10/bottle, with a return policy, is quite smart on my part, thank you for asking.

Honored Contributor

I live near the Finger Lakes and that area has many excellent winery's . I love white wine and Reisling is my favorite. It's nice to be able to support products in your state.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I agree. And the hassle factor of sending it back, awaiting a refund and so on, if you don't like it seals the deal not to buy. I can pick up a bottle of wine almost anywhere these days and so there's really no reason for me to have it shipped... Everything I wish to purchase really does not have to be ordered on-line and shipped. There are still some things it makes sense, to me, to buy in person.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I lived 13 years in Germany, 5 years 3 miles from the Moselle River - wine country.  Found a favorite winery and went there to purchase by the case, and we tasted pretty much all the wines.  I am a German wine drinker and choose from where they originate/town.  I do not like a blended mix, one winery only, preferably Bernkastel.  I often shop at a large wine store to find exactly what I want.  I don't drink a lot of wine but when I do, I know what I am looking for.  As for the wine offered today, for under $50 I would try the Chardonay and have no issue for the price.