Honored Contributor

Re: Who with any common sense ....

@Regal Bee wrote:

@151949  When you purchace an expensive bottle of wine in a wine store, they do not allow you to taste.

@Regal Bee

yes, often that is the case. i have purchased well known expensive bottles of wine that have been recommended, taken then home, and found them not to my liking. the liquor store wont give you a refund. qvc will......no reason NOT to take a chance on the wine if you are a wine drinker. it will cost you nothing if you dont like it.

i buy my wines in liquor stores, online, and receive free bottles from my daughter who has a food and wine blog and is part of a wine studio.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@151949  When you purchace an expensive bottle of wine in a wine store, they do not allow you to taste.

Why would you buy an expensive bottle of wine that you have never tasted.You can go to wineries and for a few dollars or for free taste whatever you want. 

I would not buy any wine I had not previously tasted.

Honored Contributor

@151949  ...or a offer of 2 or 3 bottles of one of each just red or just white. I didn't watch these shows but I'm guessing she had more than one choice of red and white.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@151949  ...or a offer of 2 or 3 bottles of one of each just red or just white. I didn't watch these shows but I'm guessing she had more than one choice of red and white.

@PINKdogWOOD

there is a 3 bottle set offered. 4 different choices ( 2 types of red, 2 types of white)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Someone will buy it and that is all they care about.  Wondering if it is against state law in some states to sell it or send it to  the customer. Anyone know?

Respected Contributor

Wish they would have offered a mixed set of white and red without having to buy 12 bottles.  How about a set of 4, one of each to try!

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Someone will buy it and that is all they care about.  Wondering if it is against state law in some states to sell it or send it to  the customer. Anyone know?

there are about ten states and three territories where they cannot ship. there is a shipping map available.

http://www.qvc.com/footers/cd/pdf/VintageWine_ShippingMap-2.pdf

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

Why would you buy an expensive bottle of wine that you have never tasted.You can go to wineries and for a few dollars or for free taste whatever you want. 

If I want a bottle of French or Australian wine, etc. I won't find that at a local winery. Stop telling posters what they should or shouldn't do. You think it's silly, fine, don't buy. Some of the things you post about purchasing I think are silly, but I would never start a post saying you have no common sense.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

Wineries sell the wines that they produce. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of most wines I've tasted at local wineries.  I've been to many Ohio wineries and I think the wines are disgusting.  I've been to the Finger Lakes and while I loved the area and would go back, there wasn't any wine there I tasted that I was inclined to buy. 

I take my chances buying a bottle of wine from a local store.  Many times I will buy a glass of something different to try in a restaurant and if I like it, I might buy the bottle. 

I'd always wanted to try Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio.  You don't walk into a winery and get that.  You either have to luck out if it's on a restaurant menu or buy a bottle, which isn't cheap.  

Frequent Contributor

Some people buy clothes, shoes & jewelries withous trying them on, some people don't.

So why not wine?

And they do have common sense and this business style is obviously working,

that's why there is online food & drink sellers everywhere!