Respected Contributor

Re: Who with any common sense ....

Well, I have enough common sense not to insult other people's purchases.

I purchased Kevin O'Leary's wine when it was TSV and enjoyed every last drop.  The price was reasonable.  Not everyone can fly to Tuscany to pick up a case or hunt down a winery on a whim.  

We only have one liquor/wine shop that has a tasting bar.  It's not the norm in most in my area, so trying a new wine is always a gamble, even if you try something new in a restaurant.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Everyone requires an adult signature for alcohol. (Although I have come home to find a case of wine on the porch.)

Yes!  My UPS guy and I have discussed this.  He knows me and knows I have no under 21 residents in my home.  He'll get a signature if I'm home, otherwise, he leaves it. 

Respected Contributor

Just curious.....

I didn't buy the wine, but I was wondering if you did buy it and didn't like it, would you have to return it?

I remember a few years ago, a friend ordered some steaks and didn't like them. When she called CS she was told she didn't have to return them - she could either keep them or destroy them. Do they still have that same policy today?

I could understand not returning food, but would wine be different? 

Does anyone know if you would have to return the wine or would they let you keep it? I imagine it would be very costly to return a case of wine!

Respected Contributor

My mother thought the Mr. Wonderful wine she bought from QVC was dreadful. They issued a refund and it did not want the wine sent back.

I don’t consider a bottle of wine in the $10 to $15 range to be a big enough investment that I wouldn’t take a chance.
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Well, I have enough common sense not to insult other people's purchases.

I purchased Kevin O'Leary's wine when it was TSV and enjoyed every last drop.  The price was reasonable.  Not everyone can fly to Tuscany to pick up a case or hunt down a winery on a whim.  

We only have one liquor/wine shop that has a tasting bar.  It's not the norm in most in my area, so trying a new wine is always a gamble, even if you try something new in a restaurant.

@RoughDraft

we enjoyed the oleary wines also and gave a few as gifts. i purchased the twelve bottle selection and have done this twice already. great deal and very good wines.....merlot, cab, rose, chardonnay.

i am looking forward to the bertinelli wines also.

CHEERS!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Well....... I have to say.... I don't get the whole wine thing anyway. Don't drink it, don't like it. I cook with it sometimes but would never order it from TV. I live near St Michelle Winery and about 300 other small wine producers too. Can't drive in town during the summer for all the traffic those places bring. Good for the economy of the town tho.

We love St. Michelle wine and order it by the case.  Have been hoping to visit one summer during their concert season.