Re: All Day Q&A with the Laura Geller Team on 12/16

I think that I am betwen the fair and medium shades so not sure which to order.  I have some redness to my cheeks at times  I ma 71 years old.

Hi - is the foundation powder and blush in Laura's TSV considered non-comodogenic

Thanks Smiley Happy

QVC Community

@byjane wrote:

I think that I am betwen the fair and medium shades so not sure which to order.  I have some redness to my cheeks at times  I ma 71 years old.

Hi @byjane!

Thank you for tuning in. We would suggest trying medium as it's color correcting and will adjust to your skin tone plus help cover the redness. If you're not satisified with the shade after you try it - QVC has a 30day return policy and you can always exchange it for a different shade. Hope you enjoy this collection.

Thank you,

Laura Geller Beauty Team

QVC Community

@Cat! wrote:

Hi - is the foundation powder and blush in Laura's TSV considered non-comodogenic

Thanks Smiley Happy

Hi @Cat!

Thank you for tuning in. Our foundation and blush contain moisturizing ingredients, we do not claim non-comedogenic properties however, our products are tested to ensure no allergic reactions. Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Laura Geller Beauty Team

Regular Contributor

I am 59 with dry skin, some wrinkles. The B & B is too drying for me. Is this new version more moisturizing? Also, I am a light medium. What would be the best shade for me? Thank you.

Hi. I have no idea if I should do the fair or medium for today's special
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura_Geller wrote:

@RedRedHair wrote:

I have two questions:  (1) Are the pinks warm (yellow-based) or cool (blue-based); and (2) Why does the foundation contain propylene glycol?

Hello @RedRedHair!

Thank you for tuning in! The pinks in this collection are cool based. For the foundation ingredient question: in cosmetics, propylene glycol is used in small amounts to keep products from melting in high heat or from freezing. It also helps active ingredients penetrate skin. In the amounts used in cosmetics, it’s not a concern in the least. The Cosmetic Ingredient Review Board and other groups have analyzed all of the toxicology data and exposure studies concerning topical application of propylene glycol as commonly used in cosmetics products. Their conclusion was that it is safe and does not pose a health risk to consumers. 

Thank you,

Laura Geller Beauty Team

Thank you for your reply.  As confirmed by my dermatolgist through allergy testing I am highly allergic to propylene glycol - it causes my skin to turn bright red, burn, and itch.  That ingredient is not as benign as your reply indicated, and it is of great concern to me. 

QVC Community

@Jamie H wrote:
Hi. I have no idea if I should do the fair or medium for today's special

Hi @Jamie H

Thank you for tuning in. We suggest to try out Medium and if it's not the right fit, QVC exchange policy is great and you can easily exchange for a lighter shade within 30 days.

Thank you,

Laura Geller Beauty Team

QVC Community

@Danishgal wrote:

I am 59 with dry skin, some wrinkles. The B & B is too drying for me. Is this new version more moisturizing? Also, I am a light medium. What would be the best shade for me? Thank you.

Hi @Danishgal

Thank you for tuning in. The Balance and Glow foundation is less matte than B & B because it's mixed with soft swirls of illumination. For the best results, we suggest starting with a good moisturizer, followed up with our Spackle Hydrating and then Balance and Glow. As for the shade, we would suggest Medium and if not the right fit the QVC generous exchange policy helps you exchange for a different shade within 30 days. Hope this helps and we hope you enjoy this TSV collection.

Thank you,

Laura Geller Beauty Team

Valued Contributor

Thank you for your reply! I wanted to thank your team and Laura for bringing such a GREAT set. I love that it is truly a full face set which is really rare - and the auto deliveries provide a lot of variation which makes them very worth while which isn't always the case either! I can tell so much thought went into this set and I really look forward to receiving it! I have used Laura's B&B in the past and I really do like it. I had been using a popular cream foundation for awhile and just recently started using a B&B I had stashed and I forgot how well it really did provide coverage and how fast and easy it is to apply. It looks more natural than anything else I have tried. I was so happy to see this TSV pop up.

I'd like if in one of the presentations they could talk more about the specific colors that are coming in the auto deliveries if they have that information. Thank you!