Esteemed Contributor

Re: Youngest Manson follower granted parole again

After all those years in the pen, why would she even WANT to get out of prison???

Can you imagine the reception she would receive from society-at-large?

Honored Contributor

The parole board has granted her parole, that's good enough for me. Considering that she was barely more than a teenager at the time should be a consideration. I can't see what's gained by keeping her locked away.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

The parole board has granted her parole, that's good enough for me. Considering that she was barely more than a teenager at the time should be a consideration. I can't see what's gained by keeping her locked away.

Keeping an evil person out of society.  

Barely more than a teenager or not, she was - and is - evil.

Honored Contributor

The murdered people were contemporaries of Gov. Brown.    I'd be surprised if anybody in the Manson case got a parole................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

None of the people involved in the Tate murders should ever be free.  The killings were bad enough but to kill a woman 8 months pregnant is unforgivable.  Plus, all those people killed were tortured.  Stabbing them numerous times.  Let them all stay in jail forever.  That's where they belong.

I agree with you!!!!

Honored Contributor

What I don't understand is that more and more people today who kill people get like 10 years or less.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

There have been people who were evil at one time who have changed.  While the majority of evil people don't change, I believe that there are exceptions to the rule.  LSD and other mind changing drugs can cause people to do things they would otherwise not do.

She was so very young.  Yes, what she did was horrendous.  She has paid for that with most of her life.  I think she should have to wear some kind of tracking device and report to some authority every week.  Also I think she should be made to keep up the work she is doing at the prison.

I can't help but wonder if she has a terminal disease?

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

What I don't understand is that more and more people today who kill people get like 10 years or less.

Yes, I see this so often that it is disturbing. I watch a lot of ID channel and always google what happens to the murderer. A good portion of the time? Out in 10 years or less. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ

Yes, I wondered about that, too.  Where is the outcry here?  I almost think this is worse than letting someone out who has been in prison most of her life and has done everything she could to change.  I mean, which is the worst scenerio?

Valued Contributor

I am so sick of people making excuses for these people

I don't care how old she was she knew exactly what she was doing and what she was part of-