Honored Contributor

Youngest Manson follower granted parole again

I hope  Gov. Jerry Brown reverses the decision granted by the parole board.  I do not care that she was a model prisoner for 40 years....she helped kill people and does not deserve to be free. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/youngest-manson-follower-granted-parole-again/ar-AArn0np?li=BBnb...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Youngest Manson follower granted parole again

OMG !! She should rot in jail for the rest of her life!!!

Trusted Contributor

Sorry she should rot in jail.

Honored Contributor

So she's going to be up for parole every year? Didn't he reverse it last year? She should have been executed.

Valued Contributor

So creepy.

Honored Contributor

None of the people involved in the Tate murders should ever be free.  The killings were bad enough but to kill a woman 8 months pregnant is unforgivable.  Plus, all those people killed were tortured.  Stabbing them numerous times.  Let them all stay in jail forever.  That's where they belong.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me but I think Gov Brown is kinda ummmm (I'm thinking of a nice word) OK, here goes...a nut job...whoops...I said it.  I am 70 and I guess I'm basing it on how he used to be when he was young, although I don't know how much changed...anyway, I think he won't do much.  However, I agree that they should keep her there forever.

Sharon Tate's sister was on TV being interviewed about 1 or 2 months ago and she talked about the murder, etc.  It was more horrific than was reported.  Her sister still got upset talking about it.

I think when they say, "Life" it should mean life, not get out eventually....

I think that's why some people go for the death penalty because as long as they're in jail there's a good chance they (whomever they is) can and will get out of jail while the loved one's are still dead!

Honored Contributor

I'm in the minority and believes she deserves to be released.  She has been deemed to be no longer a menace to society and has done quite a bit for inmates during her incarceration.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me but I think Gov Brown is kinda ummmm (I'm thinking of a nice word) OK, here goes...a nut job...whoops...I said it.  I am 70 and I guess I'm basing it on how he used to be when he was young, although I don't know how much changed...anyway, I think he won't do much.  However, I agree that they should keep her there forever.

Sharon Tate's sister was on TV being interviewed about 1 or 2 months ago and she talked about the murder, etc.  It was more horrific than was reported.  Her sister still got upset talking about it.

I think when they say, "Life" it should mean life, not get out eventually....

I think that's why some people go for the death penalty because as long as they're in jail there's a good chance they (whomever they is) can and will get out of jail while the loved one's are still dead!

@Annabellethecat66.  If it wasn't for Gov. Brown, she would have gotten out last year. Let's hope he does it again this year.
I can tell you who I think is a nut job but I can't.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I'm in the minority and believes she deserves to be released.  She has been deemed to be no longer a menace to society and has done quite a bit for inmates during her incarceration.

@SydneyH I am kind of with you on this and here's why.  My initial reaction is that none of them should ever been released from prison as that would show that a horrendous crime is punished appropriately but to be honest I doubt there are many 19 year olds that even know who she is to serve as a deterent to that age group now.

I do believe the girls were brainwashed/coerced/on drugs and needed to be severely punished for what they did and it pains me to say this but maybe the girls have been punished enough.  I know what I am saying bothers even me but maybe it's time to forgive them for being under the spell of one of the worst psychopaths in our history.  I honestly don't know.