Honored Contributor

Re: Youngest Manson follower granted parole again

@chrystaltree wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't like the death penalty but this is exactly why it's necessary for crimes like she committed.  Life in prison doesn't necessarily mean life in prison.  She's old...so bleeping what!  She doesn't deserve 10 or 20 years of sunshine and light and freedom, all paid for by a welfare check.  

?  You do realize her incarceration is funded by tax payers right?

Yes, so since the taxpayers are supporting her anyway, let her keep her murdering butt in jail.  It's called punishment.  But if they are going to let her out to enjoy what's left of her life, let Charlie out too, he's old.  Let them all out.  Their murder and mayhem days are behind them.

@chrystaltree  Charlie is A crazy lunatic......💀he better never get out.  😳

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

After all those years in the pen, why would she even WANT to get out of prison???

Can you imagine the reception she would receive from society-at-large?

I am sure they will give her a new identity.

Trusted Contributor

I think the parole board has reviewed all of the circumstances and are in a better position to decide the matter than anyone else. She committed heinous acts but I don't think justice should be based on people's emotional reaction to a crime. I think Governor Brown is very thoughtfully and ultimately will make the right decision.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

At 19 if you will kill because someone tells you to you should never see freedom! 

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I'm in the minority and believes she deserves to be released.  She has been deemed to be no longer a menace to society and has done quite a bit for inmates during her incarceration.

@SydneyH  I am sure the two people she killed did good, and she robbed them of their lives, therefore she should rot in prison!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

I'm in the minority and believes she deserves to be released.  She has been deemed to be no longer a menace to society and has done quite a bit for inmates during her incarceration.

@SydneyH I am kind of with you on this and here's why.  My initial reaction is that none of them should ever been released from prison as that would show that a horrendous crime is punished appropriately but to be honest I doubt there are many 19 year olds that even know who she is to serve as a deterent to that age group now.

I do believe the girls were brainwashed/coerced/on drugs and needed to be severely punished for what they did and it pains me to say this but maybe the girls have been punished enough.  I know what I am saying bothers even me but maybe it's time to forgive them for being under the spell of one of the worst psychopaths in our history.  I honestly don't know.

@momtochloe  She made choices as did the other murderers, and would have been dead for decades by now if the law hadn't been changed.  She knew what she was doing and remembers it vividly.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I didn't live very far away from the La Biancas, @aubnwa01. I was glued to the TV every night for months as every bit of it unfolded, including the asst deputy DA (or whatever he was) "disappearing" during the trial. That was chilling...and still is to me to this day. I always felt really sorry for Bugliosi.

The other time I was sleepless and paranoid (also in stifling weather) was until they caught The Night Stalker. I cheered when the people on the streets beat the ever-lovin' *** out of him - and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

The man received 13 death sentences.

@Moonchilde  I thought Bugliosi was brilliant, and what a command of the English language, wonderful to hear him speak.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I didn't live very far away from the La Biancas, @aubnwa01. I was glued to the TV every night for months as every bit of it unfolded, including the asst deputy DA (or whatever he was) "disappearing" during the trial. That was chilling...and still is to me to this day. I always felt really sorry for Bugliosi.

The other time I was sleepless and paranoid (also in stifling weather) was until they caught The Night Stalker. I cheered when the people on the streets beat the ever-lovin' *** out of him - and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

The man received 13 death sentences.

@Moonchilde  I thought Bugliosi was brilliant, and what a command of the English language, wonderful to hear him speak.

I always enjoyed watching the inteviews he gave in later years, @mousiegirl, and his contributions to documentaries.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Well, then let her continue helping inmates FROM INSIDE.  I saw color pictures of the scene of Sharon and Jay and they were indeed horrific,  She's lucky she's still breathing.

Honored Contributor

@Margo Channing wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Well, then let her continue helping inmates FROM INSIDE.  I saw color pictures of the scene of Sharon and Jay and they were indeed horrific,  She's lucky she's still breathing.

@Margo Channing   I agree, let her help in prison.  Apparently, she wasn't in on that slaughter, but the next night she helped murder the LaBiancas, for which she should remain in prison until she dies.