Respected Contributor

Re: Youngest Manson follower granted parole again

@HULAGIRL wrote:

This is just my opinion.............but, I think Jerry Brown was a nut job even back in the day!!   I agree with everyone who thinks she needs to stay put right back in her cell!

You mean "Governor Moonbeam"?  lol

Valued Contributor

I agree that she and the rest of the Manson cult should never be let out of jail.  Too bad they're letting her out.

Honored Contributor

She's not out yet.  A full panel has to review this decision and that takes 120 days.

Gov. Brown can uphold, reverse, or modify the final decision.

I would doubt he releases her; it's only been one year since the last decision, I believe.

I don't think he would view her as less of a threat after only 12 months.

Even if she is released after all is said and done, I'm sure she will be heavily monitored with restrictions.  I don't know where she will be placed or how she will adjust to the outside after so much time; there are many things to be considered outside of the original murder charge.

Murder is murder, btw.  Whether it was the Manson murders or other horrific murders that never make the news.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

I've heard old Charlie is quite sick and in a prison hospital. Sad isn't it, he can get free medical care and others who never, ya know, KILLED SOMEONE, can't.

Honored Contributor

@Margo Channing wrote:

I've heard old Charlie is quite sick and in a prison hospital. Sad isn't it, he can get free medical care and others who never, ya know, KILLED SOMEONE, can't.

I don't know about presently, but he's been hospitalized more than once in the past few years, including this past January.

He has GI hemorrhages and gets transfusions when that happens. Apparently in January he had GI surgery.  But the general impression is that he's been dying by inches for awhile and still is. 

I have no problem with it taking a loooong time. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I don't think families attend parole hearings to "relive their loss." They are there to speak for the victims in hopes that their killers will remain in prison. They see it as a duty to their loved ones. 

As for revenge, I'm sure that's a part of why they attend parole hearings. Unfortunately, revenge is a huge part of verdicts and prison sentences, and society seems unable to separate revenge from justice.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Margo Channing wrote:

I don't know about presently, but he's been hospitalized more than once in the past few years, including this past January.

He has GI hemorrhages and gets transfusions when that happens. Apparently in January he had GI surgery.  But the general impression is that he's been dying by inches for awhile and still is. 

I have no problem with it taking a loooong time. 

Yeah, in that case I hope he lives to be 100.