Honored Contributor

Re: What a fantastic show for the BeeGees.

It was interesting that she was singing to the recording with the Bee Gee's doing the background vocals.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I am so bad about missing good programs on TV because I'm in such a rut with  my TV viewing but so glad I didn't miss this.    It was so outstanding.   That's my jam!!

I thought it was very well done.     I don't watch award shows but this was something different.   I was amazed at how much Barry Gibb's son resembled him, at his age.  He was seated behind his dad and was on the camera often  showing Barry Gibb.

Ed Sheeran doing "Massachusetts"  - amazing

Keith Urban - "To Love Somebody" - spectacular performance

Panic! At the Disco is now my new favorite band - "Lonely Days"

Celine Dion, what can you say.   I cried the entire song

I didn't know Tori Kelly, what a voice.   Andra Day as well

Every performance was flawless.  I had the Sony Surround Sound rocking!

It vibrated a candle off my shelf  - candle was not lit!  Scared the dog.

When I was in my 20s, it's was DISCO all the time!   Loved disco, loved the music and the dancing.   One of  my favorite disco's had a dome over the dance floor, the dome was all speakers.  I could dance all night.

Barry looked like he was in good health.   So happy for him & his family, but so sad he lost his brothers so young.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN Do you have channels on demand through your cable provider? If you do you can go into the channel guide ,go into the demand section, click on CBS,scroll down & click on The Bee Gees tribute & watch it.

Yes I do, Thanks for the reminder. I will definitely do that! 

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

I didn't watch it because it said Grammy awards tribute on my guide.  I thought it was awful when I saw it on the Grammy's.  No one can sing Bee Gee songs like The Bee Gees. 

@GSPgirl

OMG, that is exactly what I was going to say!!  NOBODY can sing their songs like they did!!  I thought Keith Urban and John Legend were the best. 

Unfortunately, my Bose Solo sound system went out a few days ago and the sound from my TV on CBS was hideous . . . it was going in and out, up and down, loud and soft, and there was static of some kind in the background, so I did not get the full benefit of the music.  I will play my BeeGee CDs all day today to make up for it.

It was nice to see a significant tribute to Andy Gibb as well.  That mom lost three of her four boys, I can't imagine the pain.

@  @LilacTree 

I actually had seen (maybe) the first 17 minutes of the celebration of The Bee Gee's music, then left.

You are correct- no one has the ability to re-create 'any' originals.

Even as a young girl, I felt a beautiful warmth and a certain relationship whenever I heard, and still do, (CDs-old footage) listening to something that can never be anymore.

I enjoyed the camera close ups on the last surviving brother, but that was just about it for any enjoyment.

I am speaking just for myself, though, but for those whom had another awakening to what is gone, then I am happy for __Just That__.

No, I did not watch more than those first 17+minutes.

@  I do, agree, also, with what @NicksmomESQ said.

"listening to my cds here from home...just 3 days ago". 

I have every reason in thinking that there was every intention, many hours- to have this presentation brought forth.

I thought this was very difficult for the last Bee Gee to have watched, but that is only my opinion. 

For myself: the entire celebration made me very uncomfortable and for that statement, I can not explain- why.

Respected Contributor

Amazing tribute to the Bee Gees.  really enjoyed this.  all the artists were so good.   i missed the first 15 minutes so will look up on demand.

not sure what happened with Tavares though, the camera jumped around. i noticed they were missing the the synchro moves.  i wish it just been the four of them singing.  maybe they needed a stonger vocal so Jason D filled that role

Honored Contributor

@MKR14, Totally agree with you on all of it.

Respected Contributor

Loved all of it!  Celine Dionn brought tears to my eyes. Although he wasn't "technically a Bee Gee" Andy Gibb was their brother and so talented in his own right.  I am glad that Olivia Newton John and Nick Jonas paid tribute to Andy.  He went WAY too soon.

Loved hearing Barry close the show!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

Loved the show, but would rather have had Dolly and Kenny sing Islands in the Stream.  Kept hoping they would walk onto stage during the song.  

Only drawback for me was when they showed Barry and presumably the woman sitting next to him, his wife?.  She did not look happy.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I missed most of it so I am hoping that it's on demand or that they rerun it.  I had to watch The Ten Commandments for the billionth time.

Didn't their mother pass away within the last year or two?

Respected Contributor

Loved the show, one if the best I've seen in a very long time. So emotional when Celine sang. Really enjoyed how many of the artist went up to Barry either while singing or after. Liked how Barry sang along during many of the songs. Brought back so many memories.