Honored Contributor

Re: The REAL Thing About Pam - Dateline Friday 4/15

[ Edited ]

I think it was extremely well-done and I was riveted by it.  Couldn't wait for the next episode each week.

After the final episode, when they were advertising the upcoming Dateline show with the real people involved, it was staggering how Renee Zellweger got the mannerisms down pat.  The scene with her in the witness box going "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!  Whoa, whoa, whoa!", waving her hand about, was so spot on, it was eerie.

I'm looking forward to the Dateline show tomorrow.  I have it set to record, but I'll be in front of the TV watching it live, just in case.

Valued Contributor

There is an episode on the true crime show Snapped on the Peacock app. It's season 26 episode 25 and it's free. 

Honored Contributor

I missed out on the Series, but I'll probably watch the Dateline show to see what it's all about.

Esteemed Contributor

I found the first few episodes very hard to get through because I found the DA and police department so infuriating.  Unfortunately the woman was/is a parody which made it all the more infuriating that the DA fed into her antics.  I thought RZ's makeup team was fabulous all the way around but man did Judy Greer have an awful wig.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I felt the same way and seriously doubted that I would continue watching the series.  Well, I did watch all the episodes and was glad I did.  I was expecting it to be a dramatic series and was surprised by how they chose to present the story, but once I understood the absolute insane characters involved, it made more sense.  I will be watching Dateline for the update.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't wait!  

I loved the series and thought Renee did a great job.  And especially after seeing "real" video of Pam at the end of the series. 

By the way - there are five Dateline episodes about Pam Hupp.  

Honored Contributor

I have this set to record.  

Renee absolutely nailed the character.  

Respected Contributor

After watching the mini series, we will be watching it after it is done recording.

I hope that the husband who did time for nothing sued.

Honored Contributor

I never even heard of this Pam person or this case.  I watch numerous national news reports daily.  Perhaps this just got regional coverage?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

After watching the mini series, we will be watching it after it is done recording.

I hope that the husband who did time for nothing sued.

He did - awarded 2 million in a settlement.  Also got the life insurance.