Honored Contributor

Re: The REAL Thing About Pam - Dateline Friday 4/15

@Kachina624 wrote:

I never even heard of this Pam person or this case.  I watch numerous national news reports daily.  Perhaps this just got regional coverage?

@Kachina624 

It was a Dateline thing. I think they must have been obsessed with her case since they did five episodes about her. I don't quite understand why. I mean she is a female serial killer but maybe it was everything else that happened in the events that led up to her arrest that made so weirdly interesting.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I never even heard of this Pam person or this case.  I watch numerous national news reports daily.  Perhaps this just got regional coverage?

Five episodes of Dateline.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

After watching the mini series, we will be watching it after it is done recording.

I hope that the husband who did time for nothing sued.

He did, against the legal department that didn't bother to actually investigate and even concealed evidence that would've exonerated him.  He was given a settlement of $2 million.  Not enough, IMO, for four years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, not to mention what it did to him mentally and emotionally.

The judge (Mennemeyer) who presided over the case was suspended in 2017.  Several of her cases were overturned after investigation into the facts.

As for Pamela Hupp, she was finally charged with the murder of Betsy Faria in July 2021.  In her mug shot, she's smiling, almost smirking. Just like she was in previous photos.  She's in for life without parole anyway, so she probably thinks it's funny.  Evil to the core.

Honored Contributor

I'd never heard of this either until I watched The Thing About Pam.

They were from Missouri? so maybe it was known in the midwest? I forget where they ended up.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe   @SilleeMee    Had you heard about this case before the Dateline series?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@FranandZoe   @SilleeMee    Had you heard about this case before the Dateline series?

@Kachina624 

Yes. I saw one Dateline episode back in 2016 about her case. That was the first I ever heard about her. She killed that man, Gumpenberger, that year. But before that she killed her 'best friend', Betsey, in 2011. Pam's mother died in 2013 and her death is being investigated as a murder case where Pam might be charged.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    Okay, now that you've refreshed my memory, I vaguely remember the 2016 episode.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's almost over and they didn't show much of Pam, mostly pictures. A lot of Russ being interviewed, a lot of the same pictures many times, and one of the daughters speaking. 

It is very much like that show they did on Snapped that someone mentioned.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Did Betsy's daughters ever recover their money?   They should have.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Did Betsy's daughters ever recover their money?   They should have.

@Bri369 

Betsy's daughters did not get any money.