Esteemed Contributor

Frank Langella Under Investigation

Frank Langella Fired From Netflix Show Following Misconduct Investigation

According to an exclusive Deadline report, the veteran actor was fired from the limited series following an investigation into his alleged misconduct on set. Sources tell the outlet Langella’s role as Roderick Usher will be recasted; and although the show is halfway the production, all of Roderick’s scenes will be reshot. No word on who will fill in for Langella, who has yet to publicly address his termination or the sexual harassment allegations.

Netflix has not commented on the reported firing.

It seems Frank Langella is at the center of a sexual harassment probe.

According to TMZ, the 84-year-old actor has been accused of inappropriate conduct while filming The Fall of the House of Usher, a new limited series from Netflix. An insider tells the outlet the production team has launched a formal investigation into the alleged incidents; however, Langella has not been fired or suspended from the project.

Sources say the alleged incidents include Langella telling an inappropriate joke with sexual undertones while on set in British Columbia. The Oscar-nominated actor is also accused of touching a female costar’s leg during a scripted performance, and then jokingly asking her, “Did you like that?” once the scene was over. 

According to TMZ, the investigation has not hindered production, as Langella—who plays Roderick Usher, “the towering patriarch of the Usher dynasty”—was not scheduled to film this week. Canadian authorities also told the publication they’ve yet to receive any formal reports involving Langella.

Netflix did not confirm the investigation, only telling TMZ, “We do not comment on active employment matters.”

The Fall of the House of Usher reportedly started filming at the top of the year. The eight-episode horror series was created by Mike Flanagan, who will also serve as producer and director. According to Cineblend, Langella’s co-stars include Mark Hamill, Carla Gugino, Willa Fitzgerald, JayR Tinaco, Mary McDonnell, Kate Siegel, Zach Gilford, Henry Thomas, Annabeth Gish, and Malcolm Goodwin.

Flanagan spoke about the series during an interview with The Wrap last year, saying it’s nothing like The Haunting anthology he produced for Netflix.

“It’s very much its own thing tonally, thematically. It’s something we’ve actually never done before,” he explained. “And so, it felt like we would be limiting it, in an unfortunate way, if we tried to shove it into that ‘Haunting’ shoebox. It very much is its own crazy, over-the-top, insane, beautiful, macabre, just wicked thing that is so different.”

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: Frank Langella Under Investigation

He' s a dang good actor. Even had a dalliance with Liz T.  Played a good vampire, also.

I would think at his age he wouldn't be chasing nothing. Could be some person made a mountain out of a mole hill to get money and he got falsely accused of something.

He would be good in that type of role. Too bad.

8_1_208.gif

Honored Contributor

Spoiler

Perhaos he's suffering from senility, especially if he's never done these things before.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

My God he is 84.  Old school. I,m 86 and we always made jokes men and women in the old days.  We used to joke with the guys and show them the "FREDRICKS OF HOLLYWOOD" magazines.

I was walking my dog the other day, and an old coot gave me a complement about my teenage figure.  I called him and old fool and we laughed.

I loved when I got whistles and a guy said, you look beautiful, or you look nice.

now the touching, no, off limits, but no one wants to be told  they are a beautiful female  anymore, but they show everything the way they dress.

At least we dressed like ladies in my day and loved a complement.

Like, I said, Inappropriate touching is a no no, but complements good god.

Sorry,if I offended anyone here, but things today are ridicilious.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Ain't nothin' an ol' man can do but bring me a message from a young one.".........Mom's Mabley.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Looking good at 82

proxy-image-1.jpg

He was a handsome Dracula

proxy-image-2.jpg

Honored Contributor

Mz iMac, how I loved Moms Mabley's wit!

I miss her dearly.

Review: 'Whoopi Goldberg Presents Moms Mabley' recalls a trailblazer - Los  Angeles Times

As for Frank Langella, he was a gorgeous guy at one time.  Maybe he is on a blue pill. 

Honored Contributor

@golding76  I was fortunate enough to have seen Mom's act numerous times at the Uptown Theater in Philly during laten 50's early 60's.  She had great quotes.  I knew exactly what she was "saying" at a young age when I shouldn't have.  I even knew she cleaned up her act when appearing on tv. 

Thank goodness my parents did not shelter me or my siblings.

================================.

Wasn't Frank married to Whoopi at one time?

Respected Contributor

"....Sources say the alleged incidents include Langella telling an inappropriate joke with sexual undertones while on set in British Columbia. The Oscar-nominated actor is also accused of touching a female costar’s leg during a scripted performance, and then jokingly asking her, “Did you like that?” once the scene was over...."

Is this really worthy of a firing?!  I just don't get it and find it all depressing.  just add it to the list of things .....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mz iMac, I remember that Whoopi and Frank lived together for a very long period of time.  I cannot recall if they ever married.

As for your being fortunate enough to have seen Moms perform -- all I can say is "Wow!"   You are one of the few who can claim that.  I saw her on TV.  You know, I do not remember which shows were brave enough to have her on. 

As I remember it, though, she appeared on some regular sorts of shows.  Moms was a legend, just like Red Foxx.  

Found this online about Whoopi's personal life.  

Personal life. Goldberg has been married three times. She was married to Alvin Martin from 1973 to 1979; to cinematographer David Claessen from 1986 to 1988; and to union organizer Lyle Trachtenberg from 1994 to 1995. She has been romantically linked to actors Frank Langella and Ted Danson.

26 Frank Langella Whoopi Goldberg Photos and Premium High Res Pictures -  Getty Images