Honored Contributor

The REAL Thing About Pam - Dateline Friday 4/15

This Dateline episode will shed new light on the events dramatized in the NBC series “The Thing About Pam.”

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: The REAL Thing About Pam - Dateline Friday 4/15

I guess its just me and I don't get it, but I watched the first episode of this series and thought it was so dumb, halfway through I turned it off and went to bed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have this scheduled to record, as I hadn't seen it yet.  Actually, before the RZ show, I hadn't even heard of the story at all so it will be interesting to see the real people involved.   It's a 2hour presentation.

After watching the limited series, I am really looking forward to seeing this.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have it set to record and looking forward to it.  That is one crazy lady.  Renee did a great job in the mini series and looked so much like the real Pam. Hard to believe it's a true story.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I guess its just me and I don't get it, but I watched the first episode of this series and thought it was so dumb, halfway through I turned it off and went to bed.

It wasn't just you , when i first started watching , i thought why are they doing this in a parody style , after i got past that , i was amazed at how good Renee was , i am very judgemental about acting , but she knocked it out of the park , if i didn't see all of the hype befor hand i would never have known it was her. She was executive producer , so she knew about the format. You might give it another chance after you get past the parody.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624,

When I saw the first episode I thought the same. It just seemed like it was so silly and shouldn't be when it was about an awful murder. 

What kept me watching was despite the director's interpretation of this mini series, I found Renee Zellwigger's acting so fascinating and her playing Pam as so obnoxious, I couldn't turn away!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This REAL Dateline episode is actually the second one about Huff's case. The original one was Dateline Stranger Than Fiction which aired in 2016. I watched that one back then and it was the first time I ever heard about Huff. 

NBC took down that original episode so you can no longer view it anywhere. I tried to find it but it's gone.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   In this case truth is stranger than fiction.  Actual footage of the investigation  with the "real" people will be on Dateline.  Case is fascinating. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  I tried to find the back issues also. No avail. I heard that the defense story for Betsy's husband wrote a book. I tried to find it at my local library and I'm on a list!  The librarian said Pam looked just a high school friend! She was a little spooked abour that! You just never know!

Respected Contributor

The Thing About Pam is a disgrace & if I was a member of the victims family or a friend I'd be mad as hell...the real story is heartbreaking, it deserved to be presented that way.