Honored Contributor

Re: Rosemary's Baby

[ Edited ]

@ProudMa wrote:

What is wrong with his eyes??   

HE HAS HIS FATHERS EYES!!!

@ProudMa  I wish the eyes had been shown, would be if it were made now, but Satan's eyes were shown during "the" scene, so must have looked like them.

Honored Contributor

And something not talked about:

They made Mia Farrow’s character so child-like & innocent...

the outfits/dress...mannerisms...they way she talked.

That kinda/sorta added to the ‘eerie-ness’. 

You finished watching with an scary-unsettling feeling. 

Honored Contributor

The baby's birthday was in the month of June...6/66. The 25th day of June to be exact and that day is the 'Anti-Christmas' day.

Honored Contributor

I loved Ruth  Gordon she stold the picture. the rest of it was silly. I would have baptised the baby ,and put an end to the stupidity

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Love Ruth Gordon when she's taking an hour to hand wash the crystal... "Your sistar married"? 

@MarkeieMark   while her bracelets jangles away, lol.  I noticed she ate some cake, then used her fork to serve Guy another piece, eeew, lol.

Honored Contributor

208d03584a685e2121942f28478d2a72.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I've watched this movie too many times to count but I could have sworn I saw the baby's eyes at one time even though it was a quick shot because they looked like a reptile.  I'm thinking there maybe two ending versions.

Rosemary's Baby is indeed a thriller/horror movie.  The new movies are about who can be the goriest!

No - you never see the baby.  What you saw was the devil when he was having sex with Rosemary.

Respected Contributor

Brilliant movie - brilliant acting - perfect casting.  Loved it - I've seen it many times.

And the movie was exactly like the book including the dialogue.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Brilliant movie - brilliant acting - perfect casting.  Loved it - I've seen it many times.

And the movie was exactly like the book including the dialogue.

@FranandZoe . Yes almost word for word........I read the book again not too long ago, and I could pretty much recite it-that is how many times I have seen this movie. I love how Rosemary changes that apartment. It was so ugly, and dark and clutered when they moved in, and then she changed it-OMG! It was gorgeous! Yes Ruth Gordon was phenomenal in her role.......I can hear her right now saying to Rosemary-Go on, when giving her the Tannis Root necklace for the first time and Rosemary didn't want to wear it because of the smell... LOL! 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember seeing "daddy's eyes" but I also remember seeing a different set of eyes more like a baby in the crib.

The baby in that black dark crib and the cross upside down was startling...............