Honored Contributor

The story of a young couple who are expecting their first child. Like most first-time mothers, Rosemary experiences confusion. Her husband, an ambitious but unsuccessful actor, makes a pact with the devil that promises to send his career skyward. Released 1968. 

I have never watched the full movie for several reasons. The cast why now I'm willing to attempt doing so. John Cassavetes, adore him always have.

Amazon Prime

Honored Contributor

I bought it from walmart when they bring out their horror movies in Oct

that raw meat eating is a turn off. LOL

Mia was always a strange one even in real life.

Honored Contributor

I've seen it quite a few times. I think it was a movie before it's time. It's more creepy than scary IMO.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I bought it from walmart when they bring out their horror movies in Oct

that raw meat eating is a turn off. LOL

Mia was always a strange one even in real life.

@SharkE  She is strange. I read that quite a few things happened in the movie where that was filmed if anyone is interested. I read about it years ago but I'm sure it can be accessed by a simple google search. I find it interesting but considering the subject matter...

Respected Contributor

What I particularly love about that movie is how believable it seems due to the use of elderly actors who come equipt with their incredibly seasoned acting skills, which lead you to believe they are merely plain old, regular, credible, old people, when the characters they play in the movie are most certainly anything but.  

Respected Contributor

Really like this movie.  Thanks for the heads up. Am tuning in now.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

They never showed the baby even though that was the name of the movie. But I can clearly remember the look on her face when she first laid her eyes on the baby.

Honored Contributor

Great movie!  Mia is super.  Seldom on regular TV.  Truly scary.

Honored Contributor

I saw that movie in the theater when I was a teen and thought it was a great movie. I watched it again recently on DVD and couldn't get over how unbelievable a storyline it had and how lousy the acting was.MF IMO was not believable in many of the roles she was cast in through out her career.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born  Yes, Ruth Gordon especially is so believable.