Respected Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I've watched this movie too many times to count but I could have sworn I saw the baby's eyes at one time even though it was a quick shot because they looked like a reptile.  I'm thinking there maybe two ending versions.

Rosemary's Baby is indeed a thriller/horror movie.  The new movies are about who can be the goriest!

You did. They show a very quick shot of the baby as Rosemary screams.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rosemary's Baby

[ Edited ]

There was a remake of Rosemary's Baby...a mini-series if I remember it correctly starring Zoe Saldana. In that series I think they did show the baby and that ruined it. Could that be what some viewers are recalling...??  ....or possibly from another movie or show that had a similar theme as the original movie. The original movie never showed the baby...nothing, not even the eyes were shown. That part was intentionally left out by director Polanski. He left that part up to his audiences' imagination.

If you are going to do a remake of Rosemary's Baby, the first rule is to not show the baby!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

There was a remake of Rosemary's Baby...a mini-series if I remember it correctly starring Zoe Saldana. In that series I think they did show the baby and that ruined it. Could that be what some viewers are recalling...??  ....or possibly from another movie or show that had a similar theme as the original movie. The original movie never showed the baby...nothing, not even the eyes were shown. That part was intentionally left out by director Polanski. He left that part up to his audiences' imagination.

If you are going to do a remake of Rosemary's Baby, the first rule is to not show the baby!

@SilleeMee . You are right. I remember watching that remake with Zoe Saldana, I didn't like it. I think the original is so good, they shouldn't even try with the remakes. Some originals are that good. that they shouldn't mess with them.......

Honored Contributor

Movie was great. Book even better.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

RUTH GORDON:

I can't tell you how encouragin' a thing like this is. The first film that I was ever in was in 1915 and here we are and it's 1969. Actually, I don't know why it took me so long; though I don't think, you know, that I'm backward. Anyway. Thank you, Bill. Thank you, Bob. Thank you, Roman. And thank you, Mia. And thank all of you who voted for me. And all of you who didn't, please excuse me.

images.jpg

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ProudMa wrote:

What is wrong with his eyes??   

HE HAS HIS FATHERS EYES!!!

@ProudMa  I wish the eyes had been shown, would be if it were made now, but Satan's eyes were shown during "the" scene, so must have looked like them.

I'm pretty sure there's a quick glimpse of the baby's red eyes in a black lined bassinet as Rosemary screams What did you do to his eyes? Guy has normal eyes! You maniacs!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Ok. I got the movie on Prime and forwarded to the end. Posters who say the audience doesn't see the baby are right. After Rosemary sees the baby and asks what they've done to its eyes,she's told she was chosen, the devil came up from hell to beget a son with a mortal woman. She starts to cry"it can't be" and there is a quick flash of Satan's eyes as she's putting 2 and 2 together. In the end she hears the baby's cry and goes to the bassinet to rock him.

Esteemed Contributor

Recently  viewed  the  original Cujo movie .  I first  watched the movie many years ago .  I didn't remember the entire story line of how the Mother was  having an affair , just remember  how frightening  those scenes with the dog were .   Wow, it was a pretty low budget movie  and the Mother  sure  was  shaking her son around  " breathe , breathe " .

The movie does make you think abt what you'd do  to get out of that  dinky car  to get to water and a phone .  I  also saw some  movie abt  a step Mother & 2 children who were in Africa where lions  were preying on them  trapping them in a jeep with no water . The step Mother finally  devised a plan to get the lion to climb in the jeep and she set it a blaze  .

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Recently  viewed  the  original Cujo movie .  I first  watched the movie many years ago .  I didn't remember the entire story line of how the Mother was  having an affair , just remember  how frightening  those scenes with the dog were .   Wow, it was a pretty low budget movie  and the Mother  sure  was  shaking her son around  " breathe , breathe " .

The movie does make you think abt what you'd do  to get out of that  dinky car  to get to water and a phone .  I  also saw some  movie abt  a step Mother & 2 children who were in Africa where lions  were preying on them  trapping them in a jeep with no water . The step Mother finally  devised a plan to get the lion to climb in the jeep and she set it a blaze  .

@skatting44 . I recently saw both of those movies you are referring to. Cujo, I had seen many times before, as it is from the 80's I believe, and it is so good, just thnking about that small car, and her asthmatic child and how hot it was and how was she going to get her child and herself into that house without the dog attacking them? Very well done movie!

"Prey" was the name of the one with the Stepmom and the 2 children in Africa being attacked by lions, that was so scary, she really had to think fast, and even then they had to try to survive in a Jeep, in the desert, in the heat with Lions constantly roaming about and trying to get at them. It was really good too.....  

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ProudMa wrote:

What is wrong with his eyes??   

HE HAS HIS FATHERS EYES!!!

@ProudMa  I wish the eyes had been shown, would be if it were made now, but Satan's eyes were shown during "the" scene, so must have looked like them.

I'm pretty sure there's a quick glimpse of the baby's red eyes in a black lined bassinet as Rosemary screams What did you do to his eyes? Guy has normal eyes! You maniacs!!!!!!

@bathina   The baby had yellow eyes.