Honored Contributor

I think there are a lot of country artists because they are the ones flocking to auditions.  Blake is the only one who is making anything even remotely happen for people in the industry.

If Jennifer Hudson says "sass" one more time, I'm going to throw my shoe at the tv and it's NOT a complement.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Why is Miley having her dad Billy Ray as a mentor? No offense to him but isn't he a one hit wonder (Achy Breaky Heart), which I never liked? I don't consider him to be a great singer, I did think he was cute. I would have rather she had someone else mentoring her team. 

Honored Contributor

I'm hearing JHud is being replaced, ratings are tanking.........

Respected Contributor

Interesting that most opinions about Jennifer are negative. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes with her, but I see an interesting and fun group of judges who get along well. If there's anything about the judges I'm tired of, it's the endless banter between Adam and Blake.

Also interesting that the judges seem to be the first topic of conversation before the contestants. It's almost like the judges make this show moreso than the contestants..... which isn't good considering what the purpose of the show is.

There are some really good singers, but so far, I can't remember any one stand out like I have in seasons past.  

Esteemed Contributor
Heck - I don’t watch the show and I’m from Chicago, and even I don’t like Jennifer Hudson! I believe I heard diva grumblings from Broadway, particularly as she wasn’t nominated for a Tony for her part in “The Color Purple” and other actors were. She just seems like someone I wouldn’t want to hang around.

I do like Miley and always thought that she may change some minds about her doing this show.
Esteemed Contributor

Now that the blind auditions are over I am looking forward to the competitions, they have some really good singers this season.

Respected Contributor

I think the Voice is one of the. Best shows on TV right now. They always have good singers and some reall great ones.

I posted on another forum that Gary Carpenter -that Adam picked last night-is from Oswego, NY whereI live. The newspapers have been following the story and we were all waiting the outcome. Being under a contract for the show Gary was unable to share until it aired. I thought he was a really good singer. Him and his fiancé were very emotional and grateful for everything. He sang Home and did a good job. 

I think Jennifer Hudson is passionate for what she is looking for in a singer. She is a little over the top sometimes but ok. 

Looking forward to them starting to do the eliminations.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a regular "Voice" watcher. I've only seen one episode and it was because I knew the contestant Dave Crosby was auditioning. I don't know if anyone remembers him. He's the guy who made a video of himself singing "You've Got a Friend in Me" with his little daughter Claire that went viral. 

Dave's story wasn't sad, he just loves music. I love his voice, but he doesn't have one of those big "powerhouse" voices so I don't hold much hope for him (saying that makes me feel sad!).

Anyway, if anyone wants to see his adorable family they have a YouTube channel called "Claire and The Crosbys." Dave also has his own channel where he does original songs and covers. Here's the link that started my obsession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukD8zj6ngVY

Dave picked Adam as his coach but I don't know exactly how the show works. A poster just said blind auditions are over. I know that means the teams for each coach are filled but what now? Once the blind auditions are over does everyone who got a coach get a chance to perform on the show? 

Honored Contributor

Billy Ray Cyrus is a singer and a songwriter plus a great performer.  In addition he does acting.

I would not discount him.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2-

I do remember that video!

I'll go listen to Claire sing Disney nowSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"