Respected Contributor

Have to say I was SHOCKED to see Harry giving the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award to Cam Heyward last night.  I guess he did a very quick turn a round from seeing his father.  Congratulations to Cam.  He has been doing such great work in the Pittsburgh area for many years. 

Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Awards and Prince Harry

@brandiwine   I never thought to be shocked.

Harry's visit could have satisfied both men. Then he was okay to return to meet a task he could have scheduled before the King's diagnosis.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops  Apparently I didn't make myself clear.  I was shocked because it was an NFL Honors show.  Not a place I would ever expect to see Harry.  I also made a wrong assumption that he was still in London.  As to what happens between he and his father it's none of my business.  Have a great day.

Honored Contributor

What in the heck is the connection between Harry and the NFL?  The Harry/Meghan team manage to horn in on everything they possibly can.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently, anything to try to stay even marginally relevant, but yes, I agree, a total disconnect. He has nothing to do with American football. One might assume his agent got him the gig. It also seems likely that the fix was in.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Apparently, anything to try to stay even marginally relevant, but yes, I agree, a total disconnect. He has nothing to do with American football. One might assume his agent got him the gig.

Don't be surprised if one or both are presenters at this year's Oscar awards.  They will probably be presenters for the best documentary category.

Trusted Contributor

Prayers, prayers, sorrows.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

Do you think that Harry was hired to make an appearance?

Honored Contributor

I was watching a newsfeed on youtube this morning from SkyNews Australia and they reported that Paramount had something to do with this whole NFL  program.  Paramount is the Jet that gave a ride to the couple to Jamaica a couple of weeks ago.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

It's entirely appropriate that Harry be the presenter in this context. Harry started and sponsors the globally famous Invictus Games, which is a terrific way to show great support to wounded warriors. Raises a great deal of money, too, for very worthy efforts. The complaints in this thread sound more like a thinly veiled attempt to just throw some hate on Harry at every opportunity. He is world famous and LOVED by millions, albeit perhaps not on the QVC Forum.