Valued Contributor

Outlander Prequel Blood of my Blood

Just heard there is a prequel to "Outlander" in the works called "Blood of my Blood". It will focus on Jamie's parents in 18th century Scotland & Claire's parents in WW I England.  Believe its already filming. Ten episodes. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Outlander Prequel Blood of my Blood

@AZfem   I am finishing up the Outlander series after waiting forever for the current and I think last season.  I'm hooked and up until 3 or 4 am watching, then dragging my bum into work  5 hours later!  It's just so good.

Thanks for posting this.  I will definitely look for it!  Still waiting on Handmaids Tale and the rest of Yellowstone.  I don't have whatever service Yellowstone final season is on and have to wait until it's on Peacock.

Respected Contributor

Do you know what it will be shown on?

Valued Contributor

@luvmybeetle 

It didn't say what channel but I'm going to assume Starz as I think they have a good thing with that series which is why they're doing the prequel.  Many of the current show runners will be involved. 

Valued Contributor

@bmorechick 

Have you read the books or do you just watch the series?  I think I started with the books & preferred them to the series. 

Respected Contributor

No never read the books. Just watched.  I have read books that are adapted to the screen and I have always preferred the book version.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the last season, "Blood Of My Blood," will be broadcast late fall/early winter 2024.

Here are some pics from my Facebook feed of some upcoming scenes:

May be an image of 2 people

Jamie's Parents

May be an image of 1 person and text

May be an image of 1 person and text

Claire's Parents

Didn't the show do a great job of casting actors that are so similar to Jamie and Claire?

I hope the acting is as good as well.

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Ebby Calvin LaLoosh
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mersha 

Wow!  Great resemblances!  Claire's mother looks just like her - remarkable. Jamie's mom looks like Laoghaire (pronounced Leery on tv show) to me. This show always does an excellent job with casting.