Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Awards and Prince Harry

He is doing better than this tme last year as far as his popularity in the US.  Last year in January he was -7 and Meghan was -13.  As of Dec. 13th Newsweek had Harry approval rating 29 and Meghan approval of 13.  These numbers out of a 100.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

That is why Harry and Meghan signed with the William Morris Agency. To get jobs like this. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

It's entirely appropriate that Harry be the presenter in this context. Harry started and sponsors the globally famous Invictus Games, which is a terrific way to show great support to wounded warriors. Raises a great deal of money, too, for very worthy efforts. The complaints in this thread sound more like a thinly veiled attempt to just throw some hate on Harry at every opportunity. He is world famous and LOVED by millions, albeit perhaps not on the QVC Forum. 

@Goldengate8361   @Kachina624   @stevieb 

Good points, and very well stated.

One thing we don't really know much about is the friendships between famous people.  Take any random charity or sports event, and people are introduced and friendships form and sometimes projects develop as a result. 

Mutual friends introduce people to each other all the time, just as it happens in "real" life.  This shouldn't surprise anyone.  

I recall reading years ago about 2 actresses that were very close friends for many years.  Based on their work projects, you'd never put them together in a million years. 

If I recall their names, I'll come back and post.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wondered by Oprah was at the Grammys.  Did she put out an album?  Did Gayle King sing a song and she was her date?  Or is she just so highly regarded by everyone that she gets invited to everything?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I wondered by Oprah was at the Grammys.  Did she put out an album?  Did Gayle King sing a song and she was her date?  Or is she just so highly regarded by everyone that she gets invited to everything?

Your guess is as good as mine as to why Oprah was at the Grammys.  Was Steadman there?  I didn't see him.

Trusted Contributor

Harry is nobody in NFL fooltball.  The awardee desered better.

Honored Contributor

Opie will do anything to be in the public eye and try to remain relevant.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

That is why Harry and Meghan signed with the William Morris Agency. To get jobs like this. 

Only Meghan signed with WMA not Harry.  So far they have not done much for her.  Other than the coffee commercial a few months ago (which she is an investor of the company) nothing on her own as been done.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

He is doing better than this tme last year as far as his popularity in the US.  Last year in January he was -7 and Meghan was -13.  As of Dec. 13th Newsweek had Harry approval rating 29 and Meghan approval of 13.  These numbers out of a 100.  

Oh but @beckyb1012, don't you know, he's LOVED, everywhere but here... Whatever... Lots and lots of forums on which neither he nor she is loved at all, and for good reason. As for the Invictus games, it appears some haven't kept up with all the reported scandals, financial and otherwise. Not even to mention even more serious scandals involving other of their 'charitiies'... Oh my yes, two fully sterling personages...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

Only Meghan signed with WMA not Harry.  So far they have not done much for her.  Other than the coffee commercial a few months ago (which she is an investor of the company) nothing on her own as been done.

They come as a (tag) team. Smiley Very Happy Poor WM, what can they be expected to do? They seem to sign them up for minor appearances as much as is humanly possible (which isn't much), given so many burned bridges. That appearance in Jamaica was downright embarrassing, or should have been.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...