Esteemed Contributor

Re: Julie Chen leaving The Talk

Too bad Holly and Leah aren't on the show.  I might have actually watched it since I like both of them.

Respected Contributor

Its the right thing for her to do. She also needs to step away from Big Brother.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

I hope Julie Chen can slip away, take time for herself and talk to therapists. Whether male or female, when you're hit with family shock and dysfunction, it's impossible to make future plans on a moment's notice. Everyone else knows what's best for you - apparently. I trust she'll take as much time as she needs to sort things out. Her life has changed unexpectedly.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

I'm sorry to see that Julie is leaving the show, although I can see why she would.

I think it would be great to have Carnie Wilson fill that vacant chair.  I've always enjoyed her personality when she does a guest spot on the show.  

I don't care for that woman who replaced Aisha Tyler.   It's probably because I liked Aisha so much and in my opinion, Eve just doesn't seem very interesting.   Aisha was intelligent and at the same time, she could be really funny.   

Sheryl Underwood can be annoying at times, but I think she is the one with the most common sense.    Many times when an emotional subject is discussed she will be the one to discuss all points and her responses are the most logical.   She also seems like she has a good heart.   

I enjoy The Talk and I hope it doesn't go off the air.

@J Town Girl  I see the show occasionally but am not a regular viewer and don't really pay enough attention to make specific comments about anyone.  However, I do think Sheryl often says what a lot of people must be thinking and what is just common sense as J Town Girl said.  I agree on that.

I have not seen anything that makes me dislike Julie either, so I have no comment on that.  I started to watch today then turned the tv off thinking this isn't really any of my business, I don't know the people involved and don't want to hear it hashed over.  I need to do more of that especially in this day and age I think.

And no, I came on and skipped to the end of this discussion today, to say to me it is a sad and hurtful situation, and again not all the facts and situations will ever be known.  

Esteemed Contributor

They dragged it out to the very end for Julie's announcement. That's o.k. because today

I watched it for Jennifer Love Hewitt. I have not see her on t.v. in too long of a time.

Enjoy her with her great smile and laugh. Too bad she can't fill the empty seat.

I thought that maybe they would show clips of Julie from the last 9 years but it 

was all a BIG RUSH.

Gave it all of 5 minutes or less after stay tuned for the whole hour then no time to

discuss. 

Honored Contributor

@threecees. I think I saw where Jennifer Love Hewitt is going to be on 911, taking over for Connie Britton who is on another show apparently.

Respected Contributor

@threecees:  I get what you're saying about the hosts not getting a chance to discuss Julie Chen's statement. But, I didn't think it was necessary for them to add anything else. Their sad faces and tears said it all.

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I am not even familiar with this show 911. I will have to check it out

and see if I like it. 

Missed Jennifer as she has not been on much lately that I have seen. The last show that

I remember was the Client List that bombed. Hope she has better luck with this show.

Respected Contributor

All of that before Julie even knew him.

Esteemed Contributor

Julie Chen has a long history of attraction to powerful men. She may want to defend her husband but he is done in show biz. She will have to decide whether she wants to pursue a quiet family life outside the limelight or not. I wish her well.