Honored Contributor

Re: Julie Chen leaving The Talk

he@JCF wrote:

@Pook:  Les and Julie were having an affair while he was still married.  "Shortly" after he and his wife divorced he and Julie were married.

Looks like Julie was trying to pursue her career and it worked.

An affair that is consensual has nothing to do with the "me too" movement.   A man who has affairs is not in a good marriage anyway.  It doesn't even matter if she was using him to further her career.  If he never displayed any disrespectful behavior to her and is a good husband and father now I could see where she would stand by him.  Many good relationships started off as affairs.  I believe a man can change when he falls in love with the right woman

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rumor has it she's a pretty awful person who thought she was really something because of who she was married to.  Judging  from what went on with Holly and Leah, I'd have to say the rumors were right.

Apparently on Big Brother she signed off as Julie Chen Moonves, something she has never done before. She has never used her husband's last name.    

Respected Contributor

In her book, Leah said she was dismissed from "The Talk" due to bossiness, and took part of the blame. Wonder if we'll ever find out about Holly.

Wonder who will be the new lead host? Bet I know who Johnnysbro will suggest !

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:
Spoiler

I did not think she could possibly return after the ladies of the talk made it clear her husband has a problem unless she was leaving him.  I personally would not watch anymore if she returned.  

@chiclet, I agree, after the comments made by the ladies especially Sharon, there was no way Julie could sit at the table and be cordial to them. As for Sharon, she had the most hurtful comments, I bet when she was going through Ozzie's public cheating the last time, Julie had her back. Sharon's conduct was the biggest betrayal.

Esteemed Contributor

JMO but I don’t think Julie is so innocent.She was seeing Les before he got divorced.I think he did to her what he did to others & she went along with it to further her career. I think she had her eye on him from the beginning.A woman who goes after a married man is just as bad as he is,period.

I heard that for years she lived off of his power.She got the lead on The Talk & Big Brother because of it. She squeezed out Holly & Leah because they dared to speak up to her.

I think the show will do great without Julie.As far as I’m concerned she can ride off into the sunset with her creepy husband & their millions!!

Honored Contributor

Not a surprise, she has no other choice.  It would be impossible for her to stay with CBS with all that is going on with her husband.  

Valued Contributor

@Pook:  I respect your opinion, but I disagree.  If a man will cheat on his wife what will keep him from cheating on the next one.

Okay, the affair was consensual, but if the accusers are correct, the sexual acts toward them were not.

If he is guilty it appears that his marriage to Julie is not healthy and their marriage is not a good one.

Valued Contributor

@Pook:  By the way I'm not going back and forth with you regarding these two.  It is not worth it.

Everyone has their own opinion and both of us have stated ours.

Have a good day!!

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry to see that Julie is leaving the show, although I can see why she would.

I think it would be great to have Carnie Wilson fill that vacant chair.  I've always enjoyed her personality when she does a guest spot on the show.  

I don't care for that woman who replaced Aisha Tyler.   It's probably because I liked Aisha so much and in my opinion, Eve just doesn't seem very interesting.   Aisha was intelligent and at the same time, she could be really funny.   

Sheryl Underwood can be annoying at times, but I think she is the one with the most common sense.    Many times when an emotional subject is discussed she will be the one to discuss all points and her responses are the most logical.   She also seems like she has a good heart.   

I enjoy The Talk and I hope it doesn't go off the air.

Respected Contributor

This show has gotten strange. Julie should have stated what she had to tell her studio audience the first item of the show. Instead they are putting filler in about a man shaving on a train. Too weird. Lol