Valued Contributor

Re: Julie Chen leaving The Talk

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

My bad, I meant Sara! It was Sara who pitched the idea to the network. CBS put it together with Julie at the helm, but there would have been no show without Sara’s idea. 

@Ifeelwicked

It's not some radically different talk show idea ... it's just a variation of The View.

The point I was making was not what TYPE of show. I found it refreshing, in a way, that it was Sara’s idea, though she didn’t need to be “front and center.” That job was Julie’s from the start. 😊

Honored Contributor

Julie was my favorite on that show--the few times I saw it. 

I am not interested in Carnie Wilson at all.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

My bad, I meant Sara! It was Sara who pitched the idea to the network. CBS put it together with Julie at the helm, but there would have been no show without Sara’s idea. 

@Ifeelwicked

It's not some radically different talk show idea ... it's just a variation of The View.

The point I was making was not what TYPE of show. I found it refreshing, in a way, that it was Sara’s idea, though she didn’t need to be “front and center.” That job was Julie’s from the start. 😊

@Ifeelwicked

I agree .....  Sara doesn't have the outgoing personality to be the show's Moderator; she's more of an introvert  .... Julie's personality was what the show needed.  Sharon fills in when she has to, but she's not right as a permanent moderator.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I doubt Julie Chen would be where she is today if she had not married her husband.  I used to feel the same way about Lara Spencer and her first husband.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.