Honored Contributor

I want PARADE, not Broadway and TV skits.

Every year I look forward to watching PARADES, and every year there is less and less marching, tooting, and bass drums thumping, and more and more stuff that is not parade related AT ALL. 

I’m sure Anastasia is WONDERFUL, but unless she puts her majorette boots on, why is this part of the Macy’s Parade?

Gobble Gobble everyone, and happy and Blessed Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

Re: I want PARADE, not Broadway and TV skits.

I like that there is a mix of marching bands, musicians, floats, balloons and Broadway performances.  After all the Macys parade is in NYC and so is Broadway.  I think it would be boring for TV to just have floats going by.

I also switch back & forth from the Macys & Philly parades.  

Valued Contributor

I tend to agree about the singing and dancing.  But my husband keeps changing channels and each one has different stuff so that keeps things moving along!  Maybe Philly is the other one.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

I prefer the balloons, floats and bands.  Not much into the Broadway stuff.  So I'm watching SG instead.

Honored Contributor

Is there any NYC station that’s showing Philadelphia’s Parade? We have 2 equally non PARADE broadcasts on NBC and CBS.

Love Gwen Stefani, want trombones........

Honored Contributor

After watching the parades I'm reminded that we see a lot of marching bands this time of year....here's a silly question...do they have marching bands or something similar in Europe?

Honored Contributor

@haddon9- it’s 9:54 and the first band has just been shown!

Honored Contributor

I turned on ABC to see if that was the Philly parade, only to have some musical number instead.  Back to SG.

Honored Contributor

@violann

When I was a kid I loved watching parades. The older I got, the less I enjoyed them. I stopped watching them at all many years ago. 

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@haddon9- it’s 9:54 and the first band has just been shown!

@violann  So far I think they've shown a marching band in the Philly parade....sorry I don't have an answer to your question regarding a TV station in the NYC area that carries it.

Since I'm spending time online, and going from one parade to the other I only stop to watch if something catches my eye...I really should get moving!  My son came home last night & DD is coming home this afternoon then we're going to in laws for the big meal.