Honored Contributor

Re: I want PARADE, not Broadway and TV skits.

The only parade I ever liked was the Tournament of Roses... Pretty floats are all I'm much interested in seeing... As far as I'm concerned, if you've seen one marching band, you've seen them all... Big balloons don't much interest me either... I don't think I've ever watched the Macy's parade from start to finish... Always thought it was kind of boring...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Never been a fan .... my mother would always wake us up and force us to watch the parades.  Ugh!    Never thought it was a big deal, and have always avoided them as an adult

OP, hope you find what you're looking.  I see several channels with parades listed.   Happy Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

The only parade I ever liked was the Tournament of Roses... Pretty floats are all I'm much interested in seeing... As far as I'm concerned, if you've seen one marching band, you've seen them all... Big balloons don't much interest me either... I don't think I've ever watched the Macy's parade from start to finish... Always thought it was kind of boring...

Woman Wink

I could have written this myself.  As far as I'm concerned these parades are a big Turkey all around! 

Trusted Contributor

The parade today is not one of my favorite things to watch. Way too many Broadway musical performances and lip synced singers..and yes, I realize it’s cold outside. 

I want marching bands, floats, and balloons. So, I’m switching back and forth from the parade and The Godfather. 

Honored Contributor

I like the mixture of entertainment and bands, it's fun !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

Lol......you sound like my son complaining about me!!!!  Can't wait for him to walk in the door and see what's on my TV!  Grumbling all of the way!  Thanks for the laugh!!!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

@violann

The first 60 minutes are staged acts for NBC in front of Macy*s on the Broadway Side, the parade takes a while to get from the Upper West Side to Herald Square. 

@violann wrote:

Is there any NYC station that’s showing Philadelphia’s Parade? We have 2 equally non PARADE broadcasts on NBC and CBS.

Love Gwen Stefani, want trombones........

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I watched 30 minutes of a parade in Chicago thinking it was the Macy's turkey parade.  It is on station "WGN."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

When parades went to so many balloons I lost interest.  What's so great about air things - having nothing to do with T-day way up over your head?    I do - tho - enjoy the West Chester parade, even called an elderly friend to switch to the Q.  She's always disgusted with what's on TV.  (she enjoyed it very much) 

Honored Contributor

Who pays for the bands to come halfway across the country to perform?  I know it is an honor to be one of the invited bands, but I have no idea who pays, so there could be economic reasons there aren't as many bands as some would like.

Also - given the craziness going on in our nation, are there parents who don't want their children in those crowds away from home? 

Aside from the danger aspect, for every band that travels to march in these parades, that's at least a hundred families who don't get to sit around the table for a traditional Thanksgiving, so this thread got me to thinking about the thread yesterday about people who have to work the holiday.  When I was a student on band trips, I loved most of them.  When I chaperoned student trips -  that was work with plenty of responsibility.

I'm not so much a watcher of the parades -  I;m a grazer, I guess.  I have the parade going, but  glance to see the balloons and the floats and I listen to the music, but often from a room without a TV.