Regular Contributor

We're you satisfied with the season finale? Glad vicar wife stood up and Elizabeth 's situation was addressed. But we still are not sure .

Honored Contributor

I wish the vicar was dead !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I thought that Elizabeth deserved an academy award. 

Trusted Contributor

I loved that show until they started to show infidelity.  Why do they do that? Ruin a good love story.

Contributor

Yes, notice how Elizabeth carefully sidestepped George's question by saying she swore that she has never "given" herself to anyone other than Frances and him.  What she didn't say was Ross "took" her!  George is such a petulent wuss.

Respected Contributor

That's the way the author wrote the books.  I read them a long time ago.

Honored Contributor

George is and always has been consumed with envy of Ross.

Elizabeth knows that Valentine is Ross's child which is why she told Ross when they met in the church that she wouldn't say and, that she wouldn't say, told him that Valentine was his. If George was the father there would be no reason not to say so.

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

I loved that show until they started to show infidelity.  Why do they do that? Ruin a good love story.

infidelity isn't anything new 

Contributor

I read the books also and they were fantastic.  Winston Graham was such a wonderful writer.  I would start a book and could not put it down until I read the entire thing.  

Honored Contributor

@Snoopygrl wrote:

I read the books also and they were fantastic.  Winston Graham was such a wonderful writer.  I would start a book and could not put it down until I read the entire thing.  

I read the books as well. I like Winston Graham's writing. Horsfield did a fair adaptation the first season then she went rogue the second and has continued since. Her writing is mediocre, can't compare to W G.