Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite I Love Lucy episodes

Too many favorites to pick just one, a shame there have been few other original ideas in Hollywood since Lucy was filmed!
Honored Contributor

The one where Lucy and Ethel think their driving companion is an axe murderess.

Respected Contributor

On another thread awhile back, someone posted a picture of when Lucy was trying to save $$ so she made her own dress and tried to color and perm her hair.  So funny.

What about the 'Friendship' episode when Lucy n Ethel wind up purchasing the exact same dress to wear while appearing in one of Ricky's shows and they are singing the song 'Friendship'.  Friendship, friendship, just the perfect blendship, when other friendships are soon forgot, ours will still be hot, dadadadada chi chi chi and then they proceed to rip the accutrements off each others dress.

And what about Friends of the Friendless?  Lucy joins the local group and marching band that wanders thru the park befriending homeless/friendless people?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

On another thread awhile back, someone posted a picture of when Lucy was trying to save $$ so she made her own dress and tried to color and perm her hair.  So funny.

What about the 'Friendship' episode when Lucy n Ethel wind up purchasing the exact same dress to wear while appearing in one of Ricky's shows and they are singing the song 'Friendship'.  Friendship, friendship, just the perfect blendship, when other friendships are soon forgot, ours will still be hot, dadadadada chi chi chi and then they proceed to rip the accutrements off each others dress.

And what about Friends of the Friendless?  Lucy joins the local group and marching band that wanders thru the park befriending homeless/friendless people?

Oh, that was a good one. She mourned over her b-day being forgotten by her family and friends-said she was just a piece of flotsam in the sea of life. hahaha I've used that myself sometimes when feeling neglected, hahaha

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Oh, that was a good one. She mourned over her b-day being forgotten by her family and friends-said she was just a piece of flotsam in the sea of life. hahaha I've used that myself sometimes when feeling neglected, hahaha

Woman LOL

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Candy Factory
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I do want to mention that what makes the show so perfect is not just Lucille Ball but also Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance, and William Frawley. They were all so talented and funny and the four together was magic.

But it is a known fact that in reality Ethel and Fred hated each other off screen, it was very hard for them to work together,. 

Respected Contributor

Love them all, but thought of a couple of favorites;

There was one where Lucy pays a surprise visit to her rival Carolyn Applebee.  They end up bickering and Lucy says some insulting things about Carolyn's son, little Stevie.  Carolyn's husband is an exec at a tv station where Ricky is to perform, so Lucy ends up eating crow.  The two toddlers are sooo cute, and little Stevie makes the sweetest sound at one point!

Another one where Lucy and Ethel are running for President of their club.  Lucy's campaign slogan is: "Nerts to Mertz" !!!

Honored Contributor

I love them all but I will mention one that I believe haven't been listed yet

buying a side of beef - trying to sell it to ladies at a local butcher shop 

the meat was in a baby carriage along with a scale - then the meat was in the basement freezer and Lucy got locked in

Love the chicks in the country episode

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe 

Lucy Gets a Paris Gown

The Freezer

Pioneer Women

Lucy Tells The Truth

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”