Honored Contributor

Re: Cooper Earns Lowest Jeopardy Ratings In History!

@Still Raining wrote:

That was a special show with a good host.  There is no way to recreate it.  

It should be put out of its misery.

@Still Raining - I'm sure many people thought that, when Art Fleming was the original host.

The show went on, Alex had years to perfect his craft and whoever they choose to replace him will, too.

I'm happy that the producers and sponsors don't think it should be "put out of its misery".  It's a great show and I hope it goes on for many years to come.

Honored Contributor

So far the best hosts for DH and myself have been Ken Jennings and Anderson Cooper.

There are others we found difficult to watch or just not our favorites, but I won't name them because they're all doing this to raise money for various charities.  I say kudos to them all for doing this.

Whoever is finally chosen, we'll continue to watch because, as Alex always said, it's about the contestants.  They're the "stars of the show".

Respected Contributor

I read another article this week that said he is above Dr Oz, Katie Couric and Bill Whitaker.   

I've only seen Buzzy once this week and thought he was relaxed and good but needed to slow down a bit. 

Honored Contributor

@MildredM - Buzzy Cohen is a former "Jeopardy" champion and won the 2017 Tournament of Champions.

Super Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@MildredM - Buzzy Cohen is a former "Jeopardy" champion and won the 2017 Tournament of Champions.

Thank you very much for the info, was able to look him up once I learned his last name.  Watched him again last night (Mon.) and still found his pace to be slow. The contestants seem to be trying to speed him up. May all be in my mind as I loved Alex T.  

Honored Contributor

My choices for new Jeopardy host are Ken Jennings and I liked Buzzy.....Aaron Rodgers is 3rd....so far!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”