Honored Contributor

Re: Cooper Earns Lowest Jeopardy Ratings In History!

@teganslaw wrote:

This doesn't surprise me, as Cooper tends to be a controversial figure. One either likes him or dislikes him, there seems to be no in-between. 

There are those who object to him because he is gay.

I like him and thought he and Aaron Rodger's were the best of those we've seen. OZ and Whitaker were the worst.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain I don't care that Cooper is gay, I just don't think he did a good job. He's fine on CNN but not on Jeopardy.

Esteemed Contributor

I still don't understand what Anderson Cooper did that was so bad.... I thought he was a good host - no different from the others - (except Dr. Oz)....  Anderson has a nice personality and did just fine IMO.....  I don't "get" the gay factor.... Lots of TV people are gay and lots are not.  I just don't get it..... 

BTW - Anderson't son Wyatt is just the cutest thing.  He is so proud of him and I'll bet he is a great daddy too.....That boy is going to have a great life.....

Valued Contributor

I'm surprised he got lower ratings than Katie Couric    I thought she was awful.  But then, I can't stand her to begin with.   

Never thought I would, but I liked Ken Jennings the best so far.  I think I read that LeVar Burton was going to be a guest host.   Looking forward to that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my opinion Ken Jennings did so well because he was the first and people were curious to see how the show would proceed without Alex. People are also swayed because supposedly Alex wanted Ken to succeed him. I would be curious to see how he would rate with a second round of guest hosting. Jeopardy should have had their contingency plan in place when Alex departed. It's not like they didn't know it was coming. 

Viewers are getting a little weary of the different hosts. It's distracting and the hosts have become the main thing, not the game, not the contestants but the host of the week or every two weeks in this case.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

I personally don't think a lot of the guest hosts are vying for the job.  They will setlle on a new host and it is likely none of the individuals who played host for two weeks or so. 

Considering the careers the others already have (Cooper) to be exact (he's already wealthy and I believe he loves his job at CNN).  The young man who did so well as a contestant might be in the running for the job though!

"As a part of each guest host's appearance, Jeopardy will make a donation to a charity of their choice, equal to the contestants' cumulative winnings during the weeks they serve as host."

Bill Whitaker: May 3-14

Buzzy Cohen: May 17-28

Mayim Bialik: May 31-June 11

Savannah Guthrie: June 14-25

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: June 28-July 9

George Stephanopoulos: July 12-16

Robin Roberts: July 19-23

LeVar Burton: July 26-30

David Faber: Aug. 2-6

Joe Buck: Aug. 9-13

Source: Entertainment Weekly

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain 

I agree with you 100%.   I'll add that I like Bill Whitaker but there is just missing with him.   Maybe too low keyed?  Not showing enough personality?   He is at the bottom of my list with Dr. Oz.   

Esteemed Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

I still don't understand what Anderson Cooper did that was so bad.... I thought he was a good host - no different from the others - (except Dr. Oz)....  Anderson has a nice personality and did just fine IMO.....  I don't "get" the gay factor.... Lots of TV people are gay and lots are not.  I just don't get it..... 

BTW - Anderson't son Wyatt is just the cutest thing.  He is so proud of him and I'll bet he is a great daddy too.....That boy is going to have a great life.....

@sophiamarieI didn't know that Cooper being gay mattered.  Methinks the former contestant is gay too.  Who cares?  Gloria Vanderbilt (mother) doesn't mind if he's gay why should anyone else?  What a silly criteria.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

@sophiamarieI didn't know that Cooper being gay mattered.  Methinks the former contestant is gay too.  Who cares?  Gloria Vanderbilt (mother) doesn't mind if he's gay why should anyone else?  What a silly criteria.

The former contestant has been married to Mindy Jennings since 2000, but who knows?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Switched it on and saw him walking out and couldn't turn the channel fast enough.  

Blah.

And that probably counted us in as viewers.  LOL

Like Mike Richards.  Or Aaron Rodgers.

Good to see they are up there on the likeability list.

Didn't really watch anyone else beside Jennings and two minutes of Couric.

Trebek was well polished by the end of his game.  But he was really tacky/weird and awkward when he hosted Classic Concentration.  I watch it every day.

I do miss him though.