Respected Contributor

Re: Are You A STAR TREK Fan..Past Or Present? Best captain?

@SandySparkles   KIRK!  And PICARD  and JANEWAY!   They were all the Captains needed for their separate adventures.

Who but the intrepid KIRK could face the unknown of where no man had gone before?

We the viewer were cast into the worlds and workings of the final frontier along with The captain and diverse crew who obviously Knew their stuff.

Picard was a wonderful Captain for a more "policy" driven show. The Prime Directive

was well established in these Starfleet members.  Picard guided his Young crew through the trials and tribulations of Understanding.  He was a supportive Captain  who would put the questions to his  senior staff  for views and ideas.  " Make it so" was an encouraging order.  It gave the power to his crewmember.

Never more noticeable as when another Captain, when giving and order, said " Get it Done."  It was like the crew was only there to do that Captains bidding, which they were, but not allowed any power whatsoever.  

Janeway  was the Captain for an untested crew thrown together by disaster.  She had to be Leader and Peacemaker  to a group of dissimilar people with vastly different views who had to come together somehow in order to survive in a Unfamiliar universe.  and hopefully find a way back home. 

The Hardest working Captain of them all. 

Frequent Contributor

The best line in one of the last movies, by William Shatner, was as they were on their last mission for the Voyager, Capitan Kirk told Mr Zulu at the controls,  WARP SPEED, SECOND STAR TO THE RIGHT!  I think they were defying orders and not going to retire the ship.  The original cast was the best.

Frequent Contributor

Sorry got the ship wrong, Enterprise,  At 72, and a Trekkie, I should have remembered that the Voyager was the next  space craft.

Respected Contributor

I an mot a fan of Star Trek but I have watched because my of my husband.  Mostly the ones with Patrick Stewart in the series, and all the Star Trek movies he's been in.  My husband is also a huge autograph person.  Likes getting celebrities autographs to sign stuff.  Not just TV/movies but also sports, musiciians....anybody and everybody.  I've been to a Star Trek convention with him and it's an eye opener.  My husband has met William Shatner many times and said he is very full of himself and not the nicest guy.  

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy  I Like Star Trek.  But...I am not at all surprized about Mr. Shatner.

I was told once to Never make a Celebrity your hero .  They Raerly bear any resemblence to the Character they portray. Better to admire the Character than the actor if you must.

My personal thought In Mr. Shatners defence is,  He's been in the public eye for nearly 70 years.  That's Millions of people who know his face. Strangers feel they "Know" him but it is not humanly possible for him to know them.  It must be tiring to bring up something you did half a century ago Over and Over again.

But, if he is going to choose to appear at those Conventions he should at least make an effort to be kind.