Honored Contributor

Are You A STAR TREK Fan..Past Or Present? Best captain?

[ Edited ]

It all began with the USS Starship Enterprise! I have been a Star Trek fan since first watching with my parents many, many sunsets ago!💝 I was CAPTIVATED by the now cheesy, but delightful special effects!😁 Those special effects were cutting edge! Intergalactic species, storylines, colorful wardrobe, space age makeup, intense music during fighting scenes all made for an enjoyable 30 minutes of TV time!❤️❤️❤️❤️

I thought Captain James .T . Kirk aka William Shatner was one of the most handsome men I had EVER seen and had a huge crush. I would have explored strange new worlds with him!!! Whew!💝😁 I LOVE❤️ Patrick Stewart as the straight-laced Captain Jean Luc-Picard!💝

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: Are You A STAR TREK Fan..Past Or Present? Best captain?

I wasn't around yet for the original series, but my favorite is Voyager and Captain Janeway.

And yes, I understand KM's position but she and Chakotay should have found a way.

Captain Kirk was cute, but the Maquis Leader did it for me. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles You really come up with some great threads!  I just loved that show, even though I was quite young at the time but also watched a lot of repeats in later years.  Best show ever!  I always wanted to be Lt Uhura and sit in that spot on the bridge, LOL!    Fun memories, spent a lot time with my big brother watching the show Smiley Happy   

ETA:  Best Captain hands down Kirk!

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles I was enamoured with the original Star Trek, and Captain Kirk in particular! I was young when it first aired yet I never tire of watching it. I"Cheesy" special effects is exactly right even back in '66!! I  was also a fan of all the Star Trek movies.

I really didn't watch the spinoffs although some looked like a lot of fun.

Thank you for the fun trip down memory lane!!

Honored Contributor

Loved the original TV series and watched it several time. Also enjoyed the original movies that had William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy.

Didn't enjoy the later movies/series where they were not in it.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I wasn't around yet for the original series, but my favorite is Voyager and Captain Janeway.

And yes, I understand KM's position but she and Chakotay should have found a way.

Captain Kirk was cute, but the Maquis Leader did it for me. Smiley Very Happy

@Laura14 Welcome!🥰 Yesssss! It was SO nice seeing a female command the Enterprise!!!❤️ Capt. Janeway and her handsome first officer Chakotay were a force to be reckoned with!!😁 Young girls everywhere had a role model to be proud of!😊

THANK you SO much for caring to share!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

DS and DH have been watching since 1986.........DS has all the ships, phasers and Christmas ornaments that they have ever made.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles That was me! I was so excited when they announced a girl captain, I ran all over the house telling people who could have cared less. LOL

That character is still a huge inspiration to me. Heart

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@SandySparkles You really come up with some great threads!  I just loved that show, even though I was quite young at the time but also watched a lot of repeats in later years.  Best show ever!  I always wanted to be Lt Uhura and sit in that spot on the bridge, LOL!    Fun memories, spent a lot time with my big brother watching the show Smiley Happy   

ETA:  Best Captain hands down Kirk!

@LindaSal Welcome!🥰 Awww! I am SO glad you enjoy them, and yessssss, Kirk is still the BEST captain!!😁

THANK you SO much for caring to share!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

My favorites are Capt James T. Kirk and Capt Jonathan Archer Smiley Happy