Honored Contributor

Re: Are You A STAR TREK Fan..Past Or Present? Best captain?

[ Edited ]

It was always Captain Kirk for me and the original series and crew.  (And I can watch William Shatner in anything.)

At first, I didn't watch Picard ("Star Trek:  Next Generation").  I remember watching the first episode in that series with Q and thought "What the heck???"  Then somehow I ended up watching it all and loved Picard and the new crew.  I also love Sir Patrick Stewart!

I've watched all of the movies (and have them on VHS and DVD) and more recently watched the series "Picard" on one of the streaming channels (can't remember offhand which one).  Loved that, too.

I'm sorry to say I was never a fan of the series with Captain Janeway.  I remembered seeing a bit of one episode where she was crying about something in front of another crew member and I just thought "Really?  They had to make the female captain break down in tears?  A starship captain should be strong.  They wouldn't have the men doing that."

That was it for me; never watched any more of it.

Honored Contributor

@DSD2 wrote:

@SandySparkles I was enamoured with the original Star Trek, and Captain Kirk in particular! I was young when it first aired yet I never tire of watching it. I"Cheesy" special effects is exactly right even back in '66!! I  was also a fan of all the Star Trek movies.

I really didn't watch the spinoffs although some looked like a lot of fun.

Thank you for the fun trip down memory lane!!

@DSD2 Welcome!🥰 I did not start watching until the 70's reruns with my parents. My dear brother became a fan, but my dear sister had ZERO interest!😁

You are MOST welcome!❤️ I am glad you are enjoying it, and am looking forward to the opinions of other fans.🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Watched back in the '60's when it was first on. My boys years later are also fans.

I ain't fraid of no ghosts.
Honored Contributor

Yes indeed, I'm a big time fan of all the Star trek TV shows and movies. It started when I was a teenager and continued to this day.

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed the original Star Trek but never really got into the ones that followed.

Respected Contributor

Past, Captain Kirk.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Loved the original TV series and watched it several time. Also enjoyed the original movies that had William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy.

Didn't enjoy the later movies/series where they were not in it.

@World Traveler Welcome!🥰 I LOVE❤️ that cable television makes it possible for us to enjoy most, if not all of the franchise!😊 I suspect the handsome Mr. William Shatner is going to have MANY more votes!!!😁

THANK you SO much for caring to share!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shatner. I do remember when Jefferey Hunter did the pilot (?) with Nimoy,I think. Just googled and it was one of the pilots. Editied to add more info.

I ain't fraid of no ghosts.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@SandySparkles That was me! I was so excited when they announced a girl captain, I ran all over the house telling people who could have cared less. LOL

That character is still a huge inspiration to me. Heart

@Laura14 Welcome!🥰 I like that you called her an inspiration because she inspired another female captain of an Enterprise; Captain Michael Burnham of Star Trek Discovery! She was captain AND a woman of color!❤️ Kudos to the franchise for such an epic role of distinction!👍

THANK you SO much for caring to share!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

My favorites are Capt James T. Kirk and Capt Jonathan Archer Smiley Happy

@sueinsf Welcome!🥰 I did not watch Star Trek: Enterprise diligently, but enjoyed seeing Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer!❤️ I cannot think of him and not smile when I think of his role on Quantum Leap!😁

THANK so MUCH for caring to share!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖