Super Contributor

Re: When a thread is removed

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

Is it not possible for the moderators to just delete the offending post's and leave the others? I have had threads deleted because one or two people come in and make it ugly getting the entire thread poofed. Just poof the ugly people please.

Hi @happygolfcartrider

Thank you for posting your suggestion. The moderation team does their best to do exactly what you have requested: remove only the offending posts to allow for the conversation to continue within the guidelines of the QVC Standards. Unfortunately the moderation team is not always able to keep the thread within the QVC Standards which results in the entire post being taken down. The moderation team tries to keep from removing people versus posts because even normally pleasant Community members can have a bad day or feel very frustrated and choose to post something that is not within the QVC Standards. For that reason the team strives to remove posts over removing people. 

I hope my response to your suggestion helps explain what the moderation team attempts to achieve everyday. Thanks again for your post in the Suggestion Box forum, we appreciate everyone's interest in the QVC Forums. 

Have a great week!

Respected Contributor

@Keyai  Thank You for your answer, I know it must be hard to keep up with all the nastiness.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Keyai  Thank You for your answer, I know it must be hard to keep up with all the nastiness.

And @Keyai  does so with great humor and a wonderful disposition.  He's always such a friendly guy.  Smiley Happy  And I've gotten the impression that he's a Big Kahuna on the Mod Team! , Keyai Rocks!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

And @Keyai  does so with great humor and a wonderful disposition.  He's always such a friendly guy.  Smiley Happy  And I've gotten the impression that he's a Big Kahuna on the Mod Team! , Keyai Rocks!  Smiley Happy

Agreed. And he has a great sense of humor, too.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo  Your response to me earlier is gone. I would like to say to you that although I appreciate your imput, you always seem to be there when I make  controversial post's, you never have anything to say about any of the many good things I have to say. I seems a little odd.

You seem like a delightful person as am I and we all have our little quirks don't we?

Hi, @happygolfcartrider!Smiley    All my responses are still here, nothing is missing.   I'm sorry you perceive that I'm "always there" when you make controversial posts, because it's not the case.   I'm actually a very positive person, most of my activity here is attempts (sometimes feeble!Smiley) to help others, or support others, or to encourage others to be supportive of people.    We've seldom posted together on the same threads, and maybe that's because we frequent different forums here.   

I'm getting a sense that you might be reacting to posts by me (or others) as being directed at you (or as being an intentional ubiquitous presence on the same threads as you) when in actuality they aren't.   (More often than not, posters are expressing views about the topic -- not about individual posters -- and we're not always going to have the same opinons on topics.)   That comes to mind, and I can understand it, because I used to do the same thing.   If so, you might find the recent thread called "Are You Ever Overly Sensitive To Poster Replies" to be interesting.    (link:  http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Are-You-Ever-Overly-Sensitive-To-Poster-Replies/m-p/27244...)   I know it was interesting food for thought for me, anyway.    I think being sensitive can be a positive attribute, but it also can make us overthink things or find ourselves feeling hurt when in truth the negativity or criticism wasn't even directed at us.

I hope that helps clear up any misperceptions.   And here's wishing you and everyone a lovely Monday!   Not always our favorite day of the week, but I'm grateful for every sunrise!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Keyai-QVC wrote:

happygolfcartrider wrote:

Is it not possible for the moderators to just delete the offending post's and leave the others? I have had threads deleted because one or two people come in and make it ugly getting the entire thread poofed. Just poof the ugly people please.

Hi @happygolfcartrider

Thank you for posting your suggestion. The moderation team does their best to do exactly what you have requested: remove only the offending posts to allow for the conversation to continue within the guidelines of the QVC Standards. Unfortunately the moderation team is not always able to keep the thread within the QVC Standards which results in the entire post being taken down. The moderation team tries to keep from removing people versus posts because even normally pleasant Community members can have a bad day or feel very frustrated and choose to post something that is not within the QVC Standards. For that reason the team strives to remove posts over removing people. 

I hope my response to your suggestion helps explain what the moderation team attempts to achieve everyday. Thanks again for your post in the Suggestion Box forum, we appreciate everyone's interest in the QVC Forums. 

Have a great week!

Thanks, so much, for posting this, @Keyai!   I agree with the others, you're always so upbeat and helpful and I think all of us appreciate you!   I hope you have a wonderful week, too!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

Hi @happygolfcartrider

Have a great week!

Thanks, so much, for posting this, @Keyai!   I agree with the others, you're always so upbeat and helpful and I think all of us appreciate you!   I hope you have a wonderful week, too!

@dooBdoo  It's hard not to think that with that avatar photo @Keyai  posted.  Of course we don't know...in real life he could look like a sour old  Grinch and he found that photo online somewhere in an Upbeat Persons site he was envying!  LOL!  Smiley Happy  Maybe Brittany will vouch for that being a photo of the  real Keyai - or spill the beans if it isn't - before she departs QVC!  LOL!

Respected Contributor

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

Hi @happygolfcartrider

Have a great week!

Thank you, Keyai. That helps and makes sense. Smiley Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder